cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H1 2023 release - WRK-113 Start Microsoft Teams Chat from Quickcard and People Profile Header

Ethan_Dai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Whenever I start a Teams chat with someone, a new tab opens in the browser I am using for SF before I am taken to the Teams chat pop up. Can this 'opening a tab' thing be turned off?

It is kind of annoying that a new tab opens every time you start a chat with someone.

I am pretty sure we are using the desktop app already.

Thanks

Ethan_Dai_0-1683243779881.png

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sarahhu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

This is the standard way opening Teams via official Teams web link where you see the tab, as we also need to consider those people who don't install Teams yet. If we don't go with this web link solution and choose the solution to open Teams app directly, people who don't install Teams will not get the chance to see the opportunity to download it.

Ethan_Dai
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks but this would make sense if you are talking to people outside of your organisation as you wouldn't know what systems they have as their default chat app...

For most organisations, your default chat app will be rolled out by IT centrally and for us, it's Teams so everyone would have it. And if Teams is not our default chat group, I wouldn't have enabled SF integration with Teams in the 1st place. and I think it would be highly unusual that you will have external people in your org chart....

I think having this pop-up should be an optional feature rather than the mandatory as I definitely think this would deter people from using it.

Thanks