Newtown Square Discussions
Chat with SAP experts in the Newtown Square area! Comment on discussions or start your own to share your thoughts and connect with others close to Philly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Running Day with SAP Community (June 7) "Get out to smell the roses"

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi all,

TOGETHER (but virtually) NSQ peeps may we all take a break when it is convenient on Wednesday, June 7 -- to take a walk, go on a run --> post in the community and on social media with #GlobalRunningDay

Share a picture of your surroundings if you'd like too! Share in this discussion as well!

We are joining many others from around the world! A special call out to @lenastodal @PhilCooley #SAP Champion (read his blog Find out more in his blog post!) @mynynachau and far too many to mention!

WHAT: Global Running Day is a worldwide celebration of running that encourages people of all ages and abilities to get physically active. This day plays an important role, reminding us of the positives that running can offer and the power of unification (which is especially crucial for a community like ours).
Let’s leverage this day and run/walk together on #GlobalRunningDay to reflect upon the challenges we face and how we can make the world run better.

Come run, come all!! @staceyfish @jerryjanda ...

Picture2.png

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

7 REPLIES 7

RichBlumberg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi! What a great initiative! When we all run, walk or cycle as one SAP Community good things come from it...
I plan on doing it and taking a photo (or two) to post! Thanks for sharing! 

BTW - The blog you shared is very cool...
Global Running Day with SAP Community in Melbourne – Wednesday 7th June 2023

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm in! Here's where I'll be tomorrow... #GlobalRunningDay #SAPCommunity

trails.jpg

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

 Gorgeous day 9 miles from Newtown Square. #globalrunningday

IMG_3422.jpeg

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

RichBlumberg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi! Getting started on my Global Running Day walk... FYI: In Greater Philadelphia we're seeing some haze  from the fires north of us... As a result, I may make this a global running week and do more once the skies clear up! We'll see! Happy to feel the energy from those of us participating around the globe! 
Global.Run.Walk.Day.jpg

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

OK, NSQ group, I'm sure I'm not the only one who stayed in yesterday because of the bad air. But good news: We have until June 11th to participate and earning the #SAPCommunity #GlobalRunningDay badge! (See https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/coffee-corner-discussions/global-running-day-with-sap-community/....) I'll be out as soon as the skies clear, and if you haven't joined in yet, I hope you'll also participate this weekend! There's still time!

air2.jpg

RichBlumberg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Agreed! Global Community activities like the Day of Running are inspiring... It's a reminder that we all share a common bond from a professional and outside of work standpoint to stay healthy and take time to run, jog or walk which also helps reduce stress! 
We all look forward to this haze going away. And that the people in Canada / Quebec and beyond are safe!

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since I couldn't run on the 7th, I decided to get out and earn my badge today (Saturday the 10th). I chose Warminster Community Park and a 2.3-mile trail that partially borders Shenandoah Woods, an abandoned housing development. The houses have been torn down, but here are pictures from when the site was much creepier (plus a little history).

If you're reading this and you also didn't participate on the 7th, keep in mind that the event goes through June 11th. That means there is still time to earn your badge! Just run (or walk or bike) before Monday the 12th, then share pics from your activity over at https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/coffee-corner-discussions/global-running-day-with-sap-community/... with the #SAPCommunity and #GlobalRunningDay hashtags!

Speaking of which, here are some shots from my run, showing what's left of Shenandoah Woods visible from the park trail...

abandoned2.jpgdeer2.jpg