Open Source Discussions
Join open source discussions to collaborate with developers, share insights, and stay informed about cutting-edge technologies and community initiatives.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to on-prem ABAP backend system from Kyma Runtime via SAP Cloud Connector

Error: Status 502 Bad Gateway trying to run https://myApp.kyma.ondemand.com/sap/opu/odata/spn/resource/$metadata

GET request to /sap/opu/odata/spn/resource/$metadata completed with status 502 error while forwarding request to http://myApp:443/sap/opu/odata/spn/resource/$metadata: read ECONNRESET correlation_id = 6881ad64-36ca-4d41-8846-f9eb6463be69#

SAP Cloud Connector Version: 2.15.0

Any idea what could be the problem here?

5 REPLIES 5

quovadis
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you provide more details about the code and the setup ? kind regards; Piotr

quovadis
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello, would you please make sure that the kyma namespace your workload is running from has the istio side car enabled? That's required when using the connectivity proxy from kyma; kind regards; Piotr

0 Kudos

Hi Piotr, thanks for your answer! We have enabled a basic sidecar (see below) and added label istio-injection=enabled to our namespace. Setup looks like this:

• Usecase: UI5 application deployed on Kyma that wants to retrieve ODATA service from S/4 ABAP on-prem backend via SCC
  • Connectivity & Destination services are set up. connectivity-proxy-0 pod is available in kyma-system namespace and destination is maintained on subaccount level (Principal Propagation, no SCC location ID). Destination service is able to retrieve it.
  • SCC setup with virtual host entry is completed. Works for Neo subaccount already.

We don't really know what the root cause for the 502 Bad Gateway response is.

Do you have further suggestions where to look?

Thanks

Timo

spec:
egress:
- hosts:
- ./*
- istio-system/*- >- kyma-system/ eventing-event-publisher-proxy.kyma-system.svc.cluster.local

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Piotr! That helped me fix the issue. I was struggling because my sidecar injection was not enabled in my namespace.

quovadis
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello shubhamagarwal ; I'm glad my answer was of help; Could you mark it a best answer, please? kind regards; Piotr