Paris Blog Posts
Share your expertise in blog posts, learn from others, and find the latest news and local community initiatives in Paris and other cities in France.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walid
Explorer

First things first, a little bit of background: I had for some long time ago a wish to organise the 1st Stammtisch in Paris, but doing the 1st step is no easy feat: There are a million questions to answer and countless details to work out.

As I am in contact with Damir Majer, my coach and SAP Champion based in Munich, I’ve asked him for some “secrets” about the how-to SAP Stammtich? His answer: “it’s simple : book a venue and make some noise in the social medias” Could it really be that easy? Seems like a generic ChatGPT answer 🤨. At that time I wasn’t convinced. For sure there are some contacts to have, some stuffs necessary to make it as a sucessfull event.

Few months later, when Damir came in Paris, I told him : “OK That is the right opportunity to have you onsite and organise the Stammtisch !!” the reply was more or less as you guessed : “yes it would be awesome, just book a venue and make some noise in the social medias”. So I just followed this 2 steps process, and you know what? It was a resounding success!

• Bird #1 : Paris - october 2022 - 32 attendees. a record of attendees. 1st time ever in France 🥳

SAP Stammtisch ParisSAP Stammtisch Paris

After this 1st bite, like a addicted “Stammtisch” junky, the following month as I had a business trip in Mauritius (yes this place is not only beaches and honey moon landscapes, it’s a bunch of IT professionals as well), I’ve contacted my colleagues from Accenture Mauritius to experiment the same recipe and co-organising the event.

• Bird #2 : Mauritius - November 2022 - 45 attendees. Another record. 1st time ever in Mauritius🌴

SAP Stammtisch MauritiusSAP Stammtisch Mauritius

As the attendees enthusiam was high, mine too ! A few months later, I made another business trip to Portugal. Let’s start by googling "SAP Stammtisch Lisbon" : 0 result, "Stammtisch Portugal" : 0 result. mmmmh yet another unconquered land, challenge accepted 👌! ⇒ 1. Pick up the phone to call a friend (this time a colleague from Axians DC portugal), 2. explain the recipe, and 3. co-organize it !

• Bird #3 : Lisbon - March 2023- 35 attendees. 1st time ever in Portugal🎉

SAP Stammtisch LisbonSAP Stammtisch Lisbon

Well an awesome starting for these 3 new locations that join the SAP Stammtisch gang, getting together a lot of SAP enthusiats.

So what's the secret to organizing a Stammtisch? It's simple, really: just book a venue and make some noise in the social medias. After all, the sky is the limit when it comes to SAP enthusiasm 😉 

Thanks to @Former Member , @sveabecker, Vashish from Accenture Mauritius, José from Axians DC Portugal  and last but not least my mates from VINCI Energies for making this Stammtisch journey possible 🙌

Stay tuned in the Paris group for the next adventure – you never know where the SAP Stammtisch will pop up next !

2 Comments