Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOPF Custom Node - Field Control Not working

Utrivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have added a custom node under EHHSS_INCIDENT business object. The fields from Custom node need to be dynamic on FPM Layer. So, Field Control configuration has been created based on the Incident Group.

However, this configuration is not even triggered. During the debug, I could see when it fetched the list of Field Control properties, it's in the list; but do not see this Z class being triggered. Anything we are missing here?

Regards,

Udit

View Entire Topic
michaelf_
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Udit,

please check the tabs Request, Read & Write Nodes, Node Category Assignment, and Determination Dependency. Make sure that you have selected the corresponding nodes.

If you have a logic in the field control which reacts to a certain field, e. g. if someone picked yes, another field becomes visible/mandatory, you have to make sure that this field change fires an event in the component configuration of FPM (FBI_DEFAULT).

With kind regards,

Michael

Utrivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have selected BASIC_INFO_ALL/GROUP tabs under Read & Write Nodes, but still not working.

Basically, whenever a Group is changed, I would like to make sure my custom node determination is triggered. I have the another custom field control profile under the BASIC_INFO_ALL, which is getting triggered all the time, but not this custom node profile.

Would those 2 checkboxes(Check Method/Delta Method Implemented) be a concern here? What are they for?

Regards,

Udit

michaelf_
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi udit31 ,

if you want to base your field control profile on the change other nodes, you have to mark these in the determination configuration configuration as Change/Create. I believe there are some examples available for the Person Injured Information/Regulations (show specific fields for U.S. OSHA).

Regarding the Check / Check Delta: These methods can be used to change the node instances, the determination will be executed for. As an example, Check could be used to only run the determination for Incidents (and not for Near Miss of Safety Observations), Check Delta could be used to only run the determination if a certain field was changed.

When using the properties/field control, these two methods are not used/relevant, as long as they don't remove any keys from the CT_KEY parameter. (if you're using the standard EHS class for field control, the CT_KEY is not changed, and therefore the determination is run for all instances).

With kind regards,

Michael

Utrivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

No change at all. Let me try to share my configuration, if you can spot anything I might be missing.

Utrivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

...Continue

And nothing in the determination dependency. I have seen the similar pattern in the standard Set Properties determination.

Injured Person/Regulation did have the similar configuration.

Regards,

Udit