cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of SFC without ERP integration message

daried
Explorer

Dear SAP DM community,

is there a possibility to cancel/discard a SFC without posting any message to SAP ERP (e.g., when SFC has been released by user error).

If we are using a NC code and assigned Disposition Routing (e.g., Scrap) then "Production Order Scrap Confirmation" will be triggered to SAP ERP - this is not what we want for this intended use case.

Would be appreciated if you have any hint or guidance on how to setup such scenario in SAP DM.

BW,
Daniel

View Entire Topic
Mahalakshmi1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I dont think cancelling SFC alone is possible in DM. Instead you can discard the order and create a new order with which SFCs will also be kind of discarded.

Thanks

Mahalakshmi Syamsunder

tobias_renth
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately discarding the order is not possible if it still has an open SFC. This only works while the SFC is still in status new. When it was started, the original issue remains.

Mahalakshmi1
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes right. I expected when order has all signed off SFCs , discard would be allowed but it is not so. probably, you can tell the exact requirement of why SFCs to be discarded to find alternate solution.

Thanks

Mahalakshmi Syamsunder

tobias_renth
Participant

In our scenario it is a case of under-production, so more quantity was released than finally produced. Then the order should be completed and the remaining SFC completed/cancelled without triggering any additional confirmation back to ERP. Unfortunately I think this is not possible as the remaining SFC either has to be completed or scrapped. When you try to complete the order while the SFC is still open, you get the error that there is still an open SFC.

daried
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are several use cases where a SFC discard would be useful, the most recent one we had:
In case of a longer downtime / unavailability of SAP DM, the production will switch back to confirmation in SAP ECC. Now when the order is fully confirmed in SAP ECC when SAP DM is then up and running again, you just want to get rid of the outdated SFC data in SAP DM.

BW,
Daniel