Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environment Management Module E2E in S4/HANA

tam123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

Could you please advice me how to start E2E process for Environment Management module.

Please require your advice.

Thanks & Regards

Tam

View Entire Topic
michaelf_
Advisor
Advisor

Dear Tam,

the Environment Management module as part of SAP Environment, Health and Safety covers several processes. Hence, there are different end-to-end scenarios. I'll try to give an overview about what's covered and how to get started with each of those.

GHG Emissions Management

Calculation of actual greenhouse gas emissions including the data collection, aggregation, and reporting. This covers scope 1 and scope 2 emissions.

To get started, you have to specify what you want to sample and the calculations for the sampled values. For example, we want to report on the CO2E for burning coal to heat one of our plants. In the system, we'd set up a so-called Compliance Requirement which describes the CO2E of a metric ton of coal. Then, we use a Compliance Scenario to specify the interval of sampling (e. g. manually, once per month) and the aggregation of it.

There is a short video which describes how to calculate the GHG Emissions: Calculating GHG Emissions with SAP EHS and a step-by-step description Create a Compliance Scenario to Calculate Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions for Stationary Combustion –....

Air Emissions Management

Calculation and reporting of all types of air pollutants. In addition to the GHG Emissions Management, other hazardous air pollutants can be sampled, calculated and reported in a very similar way. Examples for such pollutants are NOx and SOx).

Waste Management

Tracking of waste generation across the enterprise for the full lifecycle. Identification of waste streams, planning of waste shipments and adherence to waste limits.

There is an excellent series of blogs from my colleague Tananda Darling who describes the end-to-end process for Waste Management, I would like to refer you to: Waste Management E2E Process Blog Series Step 1: Defining Locations.

Water/Wastewater Management

Monitoring and reporting the quality of drinking water and wastewater.

The process starts very similarly to the end-to-end process for GHG or Air Emissions Management. You will need to set up the compliance requirements to specify the limits for the emission of water/wastewater. Then, you will set up the Compliance Scenario to define the data collection and sampling to ensure the limits are adhered to.

In addition, there is an official SAP Training on this topic (EHS100) as well as a course on open.sap.com.

With kind regards,

Michael