Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESTST Table data issue

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have SAP EHS table ESTST which has surprisingly millions of data. I see this table is used to main status management. But we do not have status management updated in our entire SAP EHS setup. So we are not sure how is the table getting populated. What we noticed was we have 2 status SCCSS and ERROR in table.

In CG02, for every substance we have status tab at header level. But this is empty for every substance but still the RECNROOT is updated in table ESTST with status SCCSS. Somehow we see the table is continuously being updated and we can see business user IDs but they don't seem to know anything about this.

Does anyone know how is the table being populated if we are not using the status management functionality?

If yes then how do we get rid of this data in the table if we are not using it because this is now affecting one of our Expert rules set.

Regards,

Rohan

View Entire Topic
christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

to use "Status Management" by "Business User" the Business User need "Access rights". So there must be an "access concept" etc.

Normally we have "Status" like "Released" etc. A status like "Error" or "SCCSS" are "unusual" and according to my knowledge not part of SAP standard (refer to https://answers.sap.com/questions/6636493/specification-status-in-header-specification-workb.html)

But we need to pay "attention". With (i believe) Recipe Management there is a "different" Status (refer to https://answers.sap.com/questions/12980031/specification-header-status-mass-change.html) (here i do not have not enough knowledge about)

Which of the "Status" are in "scope" of your issue?

C.B.

PS: Proposal: please check: which "change documents" exist for the spec number... may be you identify: is there a "further" change at same date/time which "could" be trigger for the "update" of the "Status"

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Thanks for the reply.

1. Business has no special rights.

2. In ESTST table we have ERROR and SCCSS. This is what we don't know where is this coming from?

3. I understand the status management of Recipe Management is different that Specification Mgmt. But in SPRO we do not have any status configured which can point towards SCCSS or ERROR. The ones we have in Specify Status are all standard and we do not use them.

4. We do not use status management in CG02. So we never had any entry here.

So we are not sure by which functionality is table ESTST getting updated. It looks more like system generated but how is what are not able to figure out.

I've hidden the Record Nos. in the below screenshot but they are present in our tables.

Regards,

Rohan