Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESTST Table data issue

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have SAP EHS table ESTST which has surprisingly millions of data. I see this table is used to main status management. But we do not have status management updated in our entire SAP EHS setup. So we are not sure how is the table getting populated. What we noticed was we have 2 status SCCSS and ERROR in table.

In CG02, for every substance we have status tab at header level. But this is empty for every substance but still the RECNROOT is updated in table ESTST with status SCCSS. Somehow we see the table is continuously being updated and we can see business user IDs but they don't seem to know anything about this.

Does anyone know how is the table being populated if we are not using the status management functionality?

If yes then how do we get rid of this data in the table if we are not using it because this is now affecting one of our Expert rules set.

Regards,

Rohan

View Entire Topic
rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Thanks for sending me your detailed analysis. In the last few days I was in touch with SAP and we figured out the root cause. Table ESTST is written when you re-index the data in the Enterprise search and have set environment parameter SP_ES_WRITE_INDEXED_RECNS . This parameter was introduced for analysis purposes due to another topic we had. SAP recommends to clear that parameter after you have re-indexed the data. It would be a good practise to clear table ESTST before you execute the re-indexing. Table ESTST could help us to find the issue of ticket 895738/2022. SAP recommend to unset parameter SP_ES_WRITE_INDEXED_RECNS and clear table ESTST.

So now we have uncheck the Env. Parameter and wrote a small code to delete the table ESTST.

Once again thanks for your support as usual.

Regards,

Rohan