cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate S/4HANA Cloud to MII without using DRF?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have been looking for the help links for MII integrated with S/4HANA without ME or by extension DRF. The scenario does not involve ME, so DRF would make executing order confirmations against orders impossible if the orders are downloaded to MII via DRF (orders get locked for ME use only). So we need to go the regular Change Pointers in ERP (on S/4) with the usual IDoc processing by MII. I have seen an implementation of IDoc listeners in S/4 previously, but it was done by someone else and I never saw the documentation. Been searching for a couple hours so far and have not found a document which covers this specific configuration.

kevin.hunter3 If you are reading this, I could sure use some help on this. I am willing to update my long ago blog/document and publish it in return.

Cheers,

View Entire Topic
agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It turns out that we were able to use the stock document, IDOC Listeners in MII 12.1 (and 12.2), written long ago was still essentially the correct way to go. We had tried to use it but the IDocs were not showing up in MII or in the NW Log Viewer. The problem was an issue with configuring NW which required a new SAP Note to fix. Once that was done, we were able to get the IDocs moving and processed in MII.

Cheers, Mike

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor

Hi Mike,

Hope you are doing good!

Did you require CPI and cloud connector to connect MII on prem to HEC? Or did network tunnel work for direct connection here?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Swaroop

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

swaroop.anasane
It was a while ago, but I do not remember having to configure CPI or Cloud Connector. The direct connection was working once we applied the SAP Note to NW.

Wish I could remember more details, but it was fixed rather quickly so it did not stick in my mind.

Cheers, Mike

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor

This definitely helps, thanks a lot Mike for responding so quickly!

Hope rest all is okay, best wishes for you and people around.

Best Regards,

Swaroop