cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Listener Configuration with OEE

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am working on optimizing an OEE installation for various updates and have noticed that the same Program ID is used for Dev, Qual, and Prod. From my past experience with IDoc Listeners, doing such has always been the source of most of their problems. However, I know that OEE has pretty significant ECC components footprint and wondered if there was some logic which prevents those problems? If anyone with significant OEE experience know whether this is correct or not. I went through the ALE configuration guide and it makes no mention unique ProgramIDs but seems to follow the general configuration requirements.

I am not that familiar with OEE, so some of this is really learning as I go. So please dumb down the explanations to my level.

SAP MII is 15.2 SP3 Patch 8. The ERP system is not S/4HANA if that matters. The database is SQL Server.

Cheers, Mike

View Entire Topic
former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it is an issue vertically. I think it can be an issue when multiple mii boxes using the same program id are hitting the same erp server. Then I think erp will start "load balancing" and alternating which of the multiple systems get the next idoc. At least this has been my experience. Sometime this is desirable but usually not.

Regards,
Christian

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

That has been my experience too. Multiple MII servers which have the same ProgID will split the IDocs between then according to which responds first to the broadcast notification. I think I will be redoing the configurations and replace all instances where the duplicated ProgID was part of the configuration. I certainly don't think it will hurt to do so. Just tedious.

Cheers, Mike