Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage user groups in SAP DMC

Private_Member_221638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Currently I'm trying to set up PCo with DMC. For the moment I'd like to do it without certificates.

So I have to maintain user groups in DMC. I found the following manual for this https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_PLANT_CONNECTIVITY/f3f0d39ca4cf4b749f45e9551b97ba41/3c82658255ba432893...

But in there they mention an app "Machine Model and Connectivity". I cannot find this anywhere on DMC.

Is it possible that the manual is outdated and I have to look for a different app? Or did the procedure completely change?

Thank you!

vishalkulkar
Discoverer

HI Pieter,

This app is renamed as "Configure Production Connectivity" .

Regards,

Vishal

View Entire Topic
max_wuerr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the documentation is outdated since the 202305 Release.

The app got renamed to "Configure Production Connectivity".
The handling of the app itsself seems to be the same, so you should be able to proceed with the mentioned documentation by using that app.

Private_Member_221638
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. That app is useful for what I'm trying to do. But I can't find a possibility to maintain user groups in that app.

I tried adding the plant connectivity, but when I try to test the connection, I get an error message that I don't have the authorization to test. Do you know which role I could be missing? And on which system? (e.g. on cloud connector or on BTP)

max_wuerr
Explorer

The user groups are maintained in the plant connectivity system that you added.

From here I cannot guess the possible missing user group, sorry.
But the error message could also point to an technical issue on accessing the local plant connectivty.

steve_stubbs
Participant

HI Pieter,

I have set up PCo, Cloud Connector, and DMC, using self-signed certificates, using the document offered by this SAP Note. I also tried at first to configure using User Groups Authentication only, but I was not successful. Recommend you go ahead and use the certificate approach. Certificate-based authentication will be a requirement in a production DMC system.

Regards, Steve

Private_Member_221638
Participant

Steve, thank you very much for this. Finally found the issue with this. They explain how to find the error through the SAP PCo logs and in there I finally found what the issue was.

And I'm also positive that a certificate is required indeed.