cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the best way to represent equipment that is at client plant ?

Hichem_Rahmani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a business requirement, my client sells machines and does their maintenance at client plant, he wants to know each equipement to whom it was sold and where is it placed at client level, i will share with what i proposed as a first draft and please give me your opinion about it or tell me if there is already an existing function for this in SAP PM.

i thought maybe he could represent each client as a functional location, each equipment need to be serialized cause sometimes they sell the same machine to different clients so it does have the same technical informations.

when they do maintenance on any machine, they make a service order with the operations they are doing at client level and if they bring the machine for in-house repaire they transfer it to the internal functional location and does normal maintenance order to it.

is this process okay ?

View Entire Topic
Oscar_DC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Technically you could do it that way ... on the PM side it will work - but I'm not sure of the impact that this would have in SD. Are you using Sales & Distribution at all?

Other couple of things to consider - Do you really need to uninstall/reinstall the equipment when you move it from the customer's side to your maintenance shop? You can if you want too - but you could control that with a user status as well.

You might need a class and characteristics on the equipments to record additional data.

How will the equipment be created though?