Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Project System - GL Account is Invalid

magidqayed
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

In SAP Project System, in transaction CJ20N, when I assign a material component to an internal activity and choose my material, then I select "L" stock item for this material and I choose the following procurement type to generate a PR: PReq + Reservation for WBS Element. Afterwards, I enter the requirement quantity for this material component and then I hit enter on the keyboard to finalize the creation of this material component. I realize that the GL account assigned to this material automatically changes, from 3090300 (GBB-->VBR) to 1211000 (BSX) and an error is shown which says "GL account 1211000 is invalid". I can't save the progress for my project because when I do there is error in calculating costs since the system saw an error in this material component. What could be the cause of that?

Note: My project stock is maintained as valuated stock in the project profile configuration.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ken_Melching
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

With Valuated Project Stock at GR of the PO it will post to a Balance Sheet Inventory Account (they typically start with a 1).  So that looks correct.  What error message (and error message number) are you getting?

magidqayed
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

The error description is as follows:

G/L account 12110000 is invalid

Message No. CO860

Diagnosis

The G/L account that you have entered is invalid.

Procedure

1. Check whether you have entered the G/L account correctly.  If necessary, correct your entry.
    2. If you have entered the correct G/L account, check
    • the validity period of the G/L account,
    • the cost element type of the G/L account.
Ken_Melching
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Check the g/l account definition, company code and period validity. Looks like something is wrong with the account.