cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of MII Project fails upon install/build

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are migrating an MII Project from Dev to QA and it is not working. The project is Shared in NWDI. MII version is 15.4. The error message we receive is:

I have not come across this message previously. We have opened a ticket with SAP on 7/27, but no response yet. Has anyone else seen this issue before?

kevin.hunter3

salvatore.castro

Thanks, Mike

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ervin.szolke

I added you to this as you appear to have a lot of knowledge regarding NWDI. Been a long time, my friend!

Cheers, Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basis removed all the activation requests and the build was then successful. We are going to go through the activation process to make sure it is working properly (so changed items are transported). The activation requests deletion removed updates to the project. So we now need to test and make sure they will go through when generated and approved.

Thanks Ervin for your good suggestions which helped us understand the process better.

Cheers, Mike

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

If you find the view https://ga.support.sap.com/dtp/viewer/index.html#/tree/1333/actions/15969:18488:18487:18786:18789 of the given DC that failed (you striked through in red on your screenshot sap.com/tmp/xxxxx) then clicking on its build log should tell the reason.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Mike,

I am not working with tickets any more so I am not sure about details of nwdi support.

As for the error message you shared on the first screenshot, my suspect is the build log must reveal some error details. https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/%28NWDI%29%28CBS%29+Build+log
Did you look into it already? I hope others can really join to this thread beause I drifted far far away from this topic in the past half decade.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hey Mike,

long time, indeed 🙂

Unfortunately I am not working on this topic for 6-7 years, so my knowledge is a little rusty on this topic.

I list some colleagues who might add value to this thread:

alexander.teslyuk from MII point of view

roy.wu and/or hemanth.kumar from NWDI point of view.

Cheers,
Ervin

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I have been trying to catch up with MII & NWDI since I have not used it much until very recently and never had problems with it until now. I suspect there is a SAP Note out there with a fix, but the ticket with SAP has not returned it. I know Alexander from my Moderator (and maybe SAP ME?) days when I was still at SAP. Thanks for providing the names!

I tried creating a new Chat, but it doesn't seem to work. Can you give it a try? Or do they not support it anymore?

Cheers, Mike