cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see the country name in the Business Card?

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi community,

the user Business Card shows the country flag of the user, although it does not show the name of the country.

For example (in my card): Germany

An improvement would be to display the country name as a tool tip for the country map. Was this discussed already in the past?

Best regards

Ruediger Stoecker

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In update profile there is a Country field under Address section, here country is a mandatory field. If you select address check box then the country field will display on your business card. By default country does not show on card until and unless the address section is checked.

Regards,

Subhasha

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasha and Mike,

Thanks for your answers.

at Mike: Seaching for the flags in the internet is good for education (but I am just interested in the country name of the member.

at Subhasa: In my business card, you should see the country flag for Germany, although I have not selected the address box.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

The country flag comes by default. At the time of creating the user id or in update profile you must have to select the name of the country and the flag comes on business card according to the country name that you have seleceted. This flag come by default.

If you want that your country name should also display on your business card then you have to select Address check box under update profile.

Regards,

Subhasha

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasha,

Thanks for the clarification.

Actually, I would appreciate feedback by the moderators whether the country name can be displayed in addition to the flag.

Most members do not appreciate to post their address, although they would be willing to post the country.

Best regards,

Ruediger

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

An alternative is to right click on the flag and check the file name of the flag. It contains the country code which you can look up at

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/list-en1.html

The best solution would be that everyone is on SDN world

Eddy

-

PS. Reward the useful answers and you will get <a href="http:///people/baris.buyuktanir2/blog/2007/04/04/point-for-points-reward-yourself">one point</a> yourself!

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

thanks for the hint. At least, it provides quite fast access to the country, without comparing flags.

... but, why not just display the country name.

Ruediger

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

We made a request for this but I can't promise how fast it will be implemented.

Until it is, I too will need to look up a few flags

BR,

Gali & the Community Team

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gali,

Thanks for your feedback.

Looking forward for your solution.

Best regards,

Ruediger

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for providing the "Country name" as a tool tip.

I just detected it today.