Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug] Email notifications very delayed

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Email notifications are not coming in a timely manner. There was a new question 3 hours ago and I have yet to get a notification email for it. Yesterday email notificates were 7+ hours delayed.

Another example. I am following this question. https://answers.sap.com/questions/13848190/imagehandling-online-odatav2.html?childToView=13852511. There was a comment 1 hour ago and I have not received any notification about it. Nor does it show in my Inbox in the community

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The notification for this question just arrived approximately 5 hours after it was posted

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Thanks bill.froelich, we are looking into it.

Regards, Svea

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

bill.froelich is it also on the SAP Communtiy Profile Inbox notification or only email notification?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

For sure the email notification. Today it seems to be running about 3 hours behind. I will have to try and monitor the inbox more to confirm if it is also delayed still. Case in point the email notification for your comment just recently came in to me.

carpe_diem
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Bill,
Your Inbox notifications, if you turned them on for the specific notifications here: communications you should receive here: inbox momentarily.
Please take a look and if there's a significant delay with Inbox, please let me know.

With Email notification delivery we do experience some delays recently and we are looking into the problem.

Regards,
Vladimir

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

test_vlad Yes, looking at my inbox just now (8:15). Shows a new question with timestamp 8:11. Opening the question shows it was posted 3 hours ago.

For this bug item, my inbox shows 6:44 (1 1/2 hours ago) for your comment but on the question it says 4 hours ago.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As of right now 3:55pm CST the following question was created 2 hours ago and is not appearing in inbox nor have I received any email notification.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13855135/mdk-web-client-toolbar-buttons-redraw-onpress-even.html

carpe_diem
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming the behavior. We're investigating the issue with priority. I'll let you know when it's fixed.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

vladimir.gershanov Any update on this. It is getting worse and not better. Latest notifications are about 20 hours behind.

carpe_diem
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi, bill.froelich ,
Our team is still working on the solution, with highest priority. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Can you see the events in the Activity Stream as well? Perhaps that would be a place to check activities until we've fixed the delay issue.

I will inform you once I have news on the matter.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vladimir.gershanov,

The main point of the notification is obviously that there is interesting content to begin with. The activity stream is so convoluted, that searching through it for content like this, will take longer than just waiting for the delayed notification.

By the way, at the moment it looks like the delay has only increased:

Regards,

Johan

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am also seeing even longer delays now as well.

carpe_diem
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're still working on the fix to the problem. Towards the final stages now. I hope that soon we'll be able to tell you (or rather you'll feel it yourself) that the issue is fixed.

Thank you for your patience.

View Entire Topic
carpe_diem
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, bill.froelich

I'm happy to provide an update on the Inbox/Email notifications delivery issue.

We have rolled out a fix for the problem yesterday. Since then all notifications are generated and delivered very fast.
Hope you see that improvement as well.

Kind Regards,

Vladimir