Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to seach in SAP Community?

XaviPolo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, 

After having created dozens of websites, and a couple of communities with thousands of users, I find myself unable to use SAP Community fluently.

I want to find information on how to use a particular functionality of an SAP product.
There is no "channel", "site", "group" or anything similar to the product, it is in a global "Technology Q&A" group with many, many other products.
To make up for this lack, we are supposed to have the TAGs, ok that's what there is.

But how do I search for something filtering also by tag?

XaviPolo_0-1712564558992.png

I don't have time to read 300,000 posts 😄

if I add the name of the product to the search, it returns first those that contain the word in the title ... so it does not serve to filter correctly.

XaviPolo_1-1712564698618.png

At least I have reduced the result to 1000 ... but still too many to read.

any ideas? it can't be that hard, I must be missing something.

Regards,

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
It's been 20 years that I don't use the search in SAP Community because it has always given very bad results. Instead, use any Web search engine by appending "site:sap.com" to search only in SAP Web sites.
jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @XaviPolo:

We have some how-to videos showing different options for fine-tuning search and looking for the latest content related to specific tags: https://pages.community.sap.com/resources/how-to-videos.

They may not get you exactly what you want, but I hope they'll give you ideas on how to narrow down your results.

Kind regards,

--Jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)