cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irrelevant notifications in the Inbox

iklovski
Active Contributor

Hello,

Couple of days ago I started to receive notifications in SAP Community Inbox for questions and blogs I don't have any settings for. Settings of the account were not changed. Could you please check what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance,

Eli

View Entire Topic
artemkovalov
Employee
Employee

Hey, Community Members, I've got good news - you can adjust your Inbox preferences as before in your Communications settings. Below is a bit more context on what happened and what to expect in the future for Notifications and Subscriptions topics.

The scope of platforms and content covered by our central notification service is growing and our aim is to cover all key transactional notifications for your relationship with SAP.

We also plan to treat the primary SAP web platforms as a single experience so that your session will continue as you move between them, ensuring immediate access to notifications from the harmonized header. As part of this overarching strategic direction, if you choose to enable notification for a subscription it will also be delivered to your online SAP inbox though you can choose if you wish to also be notified via email.

Finally, as part of this longer-term experience harmonization work, we want you to be able to subscribe to content or topics across SAP to bring you more relevant content across a variety of platforms, building off the personalized content model long available in Community.

Unfortunately, we rolled out part of this change prematurely, without notice and with a major flow: the inability to subscribe to content without enabling notification. We will be rolling back this change ASAP and keep you informed before reimplementing the updated (enhanced to allow content subscription without notification) feature.

iklovski
Active Contributor

Great news, indeed. Thanks, Artem.