cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Wishing Well – Requesting a Post About S/4HANA Flexible workflows - SWDD_SCENARIO

GK817
Active Contributor

I am participating in the Virtual Wishing Well for blogging (https://blogs.sap.com/2020/10/13/virtual-wishing-well-for-blogging-you-pick-the-topic-we-find-the-sap-champion-to-write-about-it/) by requesting a blog post about custom S/4HANA flexible workflow ( Transaction SWDD_SCENARIO). There are some posts about out-of-the-box S/4HANA Flexible workflows for SD/MM, but a very few about custom scenarios using SWDD_SCENARIO transaction.

Gaurav

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thank you for your "wish." I'll check with our SAP Champions to see who is best qualified to tackle this topic.

We appreciate the request, and I'll come back to you once I have more news to share!

Kind regards,

--Jerry

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Gaurav:

See Michelle's response in the answers. Does that meet your request? If not, I can continue to look for an expert who might be able to help.

Thanks!

--Jerry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mmcisme1
Active Contributor

Have you seen these blog posts? I think they started right around the time you wished for it 🙂 So far there are four of them. If I get a chance, I'm going to try to use them in my recent development.

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/10/13/flexible-workflows-custom-flexible-workflow-scenario-for-re-fx-cont...

GK817
Active Contributor

Thanks c436ae948d684935a91fce8b976e5aa7 and jerry.janda .

I will explore these tutorials, thanks for pointing me to them. If you use them in your developments, please share the knowledge.

Gaurav

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will! I'm pretty excited to try to add this to what I've already created. I'm currently working on an approval workflow for purchase contracts. In my release, 1709 there is not an SAP one that I can just copy and modify. And of course like everything else, it would have been customized. We do have some interesting requirements.

We are determining the agent via a custom table. The agent will be a partner. If it is in the table within the quantity range then the workflow should start - otherwise no workflow. (And no release strategy - but that is easily done in configuration.)

There will be more than one CC. That's not so bad actually.

I did write some CDS views, and used an email template - but that will change if I use the flexible workflow.

Right now I have the requirements above working. I've got some more work to do in BRF+ / the PDF attachments, etc. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can go back and change my custom workflow that used the old format into a lovely flexible workflow.

Anyway - that is some of my more interesting requirements right now. As usual they are changing daily, sometimes hourly. I will write a blog post if I get everything done with enough time to switch it over before go-live. I'm just worried about deadlines or I would start using it now. I love to work with the newer technology when it makes sense. Flexible workflow looks like a nicer, user friendlier way of doing things. My favorite thing is when the internal customer comes back and loves what I've done. That really does happen. Usually after the learning curve is done. That's why it's so important for me to try to minimize the learning curve. I know flexible workflow will help with that. Of course workflow of any kind does help out immediately - no more paper and hunting down where things are. You've found me in a a mood to type. So I'll stop now. Enjoy the week/weekend!

Michelle

Answers (0)