Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with help.sap.com?

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
  • Yesterday I couldn't get in at all -- page just didn't respond
  • Today I can get in and see a new layout
  • I want to browse the documentation for BusinessObjects. I found the product list, which has 514 elements. The first one for "BusinessObjects Enterprise" is for one version only: XI3. The next one is "BusinessObjects Enterprise XI", which has no documents.
  • I find "SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform", which has the version I want (BI4.2)
  • I search for "restful".
  • Although I have English selected as the language, nearly all the results that come back are for other languages.
  • The search results don't include the document I want (at least not in English).
  • I go to the "All content" tab and just search the page for "restful". I find the one I want! "Business Intelligence platform RESTful Web Service Developer Guide, 4.2 SP3"
  • Clicking the link for the above doc results in a 404: "No webpage was found for the web address: https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100015666522015E/sbo42sp3_bip_rest_ws_en.pdf"
  • Back to help.sap.com, I search for "bi4.1 javadocs", and get a message:

Your search did not match any documents.
Please check that all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

• Ok, I instead search for just "javadocs". First result is "Javadocs index". Great!
  • Javadocs Index page includes links for BI4.2, BI4.1, BI4.0, and XI3. But all links produce a page with the following message:
    We're sorry, but this content is not accessible.
Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess this about sums it up:

Clicking the link at the bottom produces:

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen the same 2 days ago: https://answers.sap.com/questions/128586/bug-helpsapcom-is-not-working.html

And at the end the old help portal was restored!

P.S. Looks like nobody read my first bug report...

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discovered that if I don't log in, I can see the What's New page. So it's just me that can't access it 😞

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not only you, I also have 403 error 🙂

View Entire Topic
pcou
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Joe

The team responsible for this content is currently working on fixing the link issues. They will keep you informed when done.

Best regards

Philippe

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's good news. Are they working on any of the other issues as well?