cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

following SAP Integration Suite C_CPI_14 training hands-on - Cannot connect to API Proxy

Sidney
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As I follow the Learning Journey https://learning.sap.com/learning-journey/developing-with-sap-integration-suite/creating-an-api-base... and do the hands-on in trial (us10), I cannot connect to the API Provider, hence cannot get 200 from API Proxy, Product and finally the Application created on  API Business Hub Enterprise (but the Open Connector is fine)

The error message is :

System is up and reachable. However, the ping check responded with code : 404; Message : Not Found

Can anyone help me?

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @Sidney 
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are in the process of evaluating the problem, Please allow for a delay in our response
Kind regards
Margit

jannes_schofeld
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @Sidney,

could you please describe a bit more in detail, which steps you have performed successfully and at which step  (task + step + substep) you get stuck? Which "ping check" do you mean? The exercise instructions do not mention a ping check as such.

Thanks and best regards,

Jannes

WillBarzon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @jannes_schofeld.

I get the same error.

On the steps that I configure the Open Connectors tile, when I try out the process "GET /channels" or "POST /channels/{channelId}/messages", everything works fine and the retuned code is 200.

In the next step, on the API Management tile, I create the API Provider (Slack_Workspace_for_Orders), save it and click "Test Connection" button. (Yes, you are right, this last step not exist). Here I get the same error mentioned by @Sidney.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 4.29.54 PM.png

image.png

But I ignore this error and follow with the nexts steps:
- Create API, save API and deploy API (steps k to u).

After that I test the API Proxy (Task 5) and here I get another error:
On the "Test" icon I select "Slack_v1", select the GET radio button, select the URL that ends with "/v1/Slack/channels" on listbox and click "Send" button at the bottom of the page (steps a to e).

This is the error:
Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 4.50.50 PM.png

I believe that both errors are related.

Att.
Will Barzon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sidney
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi both,

Thank you for your answers!

I finished:

- set up in Slack side,

- create Open Connector instance in SAP Integration,

- test the instance,

- and then use the Organization Secret and User Secret to create API Provider in API Management (when the following steps won't work I went back here and test the connection and got the error message I posted in the question)

- create API (from the API provider) "Slack_v"

- tested it as taught in the Learning Journey "Developing with SAP Integration Suite" (unit 2 > lesson 4 > Task 5: Test the API Proxy ), but got error message: 

Unable to fetch response

[Request ID: 82b3f360-b915-4c94-b28f-a9ca8b211c83]

An error occurred while making the HTTP request

jannes_schofeld
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @Sidney,

can you double check, that when creating the API provider, you selected the correct region (US East (VA) - Trial) in your case? I have performed all the steps myself, also using a Trial Account in the US East region. For me it worked fine. An error message when testing the connection in the API provider is fine, because you are not calling any specific endpoint, thus the API might not know how to respond. But the message "System is up and reachable" is a good sign at that point.

Also, did the deployment of the API go through?

Apart from that, it does sometimes help to have opened every capability of the SAP Integration Suite at least once, so all of the necessary initial setup steps in the trial setup have been performed. For that, when you are in the SAP Integration Suite Home / Lobby, select Manage Capabilities. You will see the overview of all your activated capabilities. Scroll through the dialog and open each link at least once, in order to initialize the respective capabilities.

Best regards,

Jannes

Sidney
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Jannes, today I openned the API Portal and re-test the API and it magically worked. I also tested them in API Business Hub Enterprise and suceeded. For the creation and deployment of the API and products, I failed once and them succeeded. I didn't change anything, so I guess it was the unstability of trial environment? Anyway I am continuing the hands-on. Thank you so much for your help!
jannes_schofeld
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi @Sidney, thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that it worked now. You are right, there might have been a temporary issue. Happy learning, Jannes

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Pettmark
Explorer

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am facing the same issue. The problem arise after the following steps have been conducted.

1. Created a slack instance in Open Connectors and tested the connector with response 200.

Pettmark_0-1666957185924.png

2. Created an API provider of type Open Connector with organization- and user secret from the slack instance.

Pettmark_1-1666957367439.png

3. Tried to click Test Connection(which is not a part of the exercise) and got the same error.

Pettmark_2-1666957513693.png

4. Went on to the next step and created an API an deployed it.

Pettmark_3-1666957590874.png

5. Followed the exercised and tried to test the API as described in the exercise. 

Pettmark_9-1666957851783.png

6. Clicked "send" and got the same error.

Pettmark_10-1666957910704.png

Have anyone found the solution for this?

Best regards,

Petter

liyana87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pettmark,

Trust you doing great,

Did you happend to solve this issue? I'm doing the learning and face exactly the same problem with you.

Or if anyone could help to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Liyana

Pettmark
Explorer

Hi,

Yes. I waited a dew days and then it worked...

Best regards,

Petter

Sidney
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Petter,

Thank you for your reply! 

Sorry I replied late. I faced the same issue but just like other repliers to your comment, I waited for another day and checked, it resolved automatically.

BR,

Sindy 

sklawonn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hoi Sidney, thank you asking about that.

You are right, it looks like that there is something wrong.

But don`t worry it is totally fine and the dev team needs to fix this in the next revision.

Greets

Sidney
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thank you for your reply, sklawonn!
sklawonn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Sidney,

the error which you are describing is actually not an error.

It tells a 404 Code but feel you save the next steps will work fine.

So please ignore that, hopefully the dev team will fix that in the upcoming releases.

best regards

occ123
Newcomer
0 Kudos
Hello, has a solution to the problem been resolved without waiting multiple days? I have the exact same problem as listed in this current thread.
Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @occ123
We have received your request and are in the process of evaluating the problem.
Please allow for a delay in our response.
Kind regards
Margit

sklawonn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi occ123, could you please share you issue with some screenshots? If you have an 404 Error Code you have to analyze it as we did with sydney. So please share your issue with us in details. Thank you