SAP Builders Blog Posts
Learn from peers about their low-code journey and write your own blog posts to share your thoughts and experiences as you become an SAP Builder.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonasGermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

When it comes to SAP Build Process Automation  and SAP S/4HANA  you need some help at the beginning to set up your SAP BTP and your SAP Build Process Automation. Especially if this is your first project. If you can not ask someone senior in this topic, I hope you find this blog post to get to make your project a success. I want to take this opportunity to thank all SAP customers and SAP partners who have asked me questions, lots of questions.

This is the first of two parts to provide you with the most common cases around SAP Build Process Automation (SBPA) with relevant sources and material to make your work easier.

JonasGermann_0-1707727193703.png

First learning video: How SAP Build Process Automation works

--> Start Automating Your Work with SAP Build Process Automation 

How to subscribe to SAP Build Process Automation: Subscribe to SAP Build Process Automation 

How do I connect my SAP Build Process Automation with an external system such as an S/4HANA Cloud

--> Connect Business Processes with External Systems in SAP Build Process Automation                                  --> Connect to External Systems using Actions in SAP Process Automation 

Extend SAP S/4HANA Cloud with SAP Build Process Automation Video (55 Min.) 

Extend SAP S4HANA with SAP Build Process Automation 

How can I automate my S/4HANA Cloud with the help of screen recording? Please always note the prerequisites. 

Using the Recorder in SAP Build Process Automation 

What are potential use cases for SAP Build Process Automation in general here are 31 ideas:

Playlist with 31 videos about possible use cases 

If you want to send mails from your process, you need to configure this first. Here is how to configure your SBPA and your SAP BTP:

Configure an SMTP Mail Destination 

Send emails from automation without Outlook in SAP Process Automation 

Mail not working in SAP Process Automation process 

If you want to use (un)attended Bot(s):

How to Set Up an Unattended Bot | SAP Help Portal

Install and Set Up the Desktop Agent 

Every process has a start and a end. If you want to start with an API trigger here, you find how to do so:

Start your Business Process through an API Trigger in SAP Build Process Automation 

If you are using an on-premise system, you still need to take the Cloud Connector into account when setting it up. A step that you do not have to do in a cloud environment (see the beginning of the article)

Accessing On-Premises HTTP APIs with SAP Build Process Automation and SAP Cloud Connector 

Here are some extras:

Add Timed Wait steps in SAP Build Process Automation 

How to use the SAP API Business Hub for your processes:

Leverage the API Business Hub for SAP Build Process Automation 

If you have the DMS on the BTP is usage you maybe want to use this:

Utilizing BTP DMS in SAP Build Process Automation automations and forms 

You have questions in general: SAP Build Process Automation | SAP Help Portal

This was to much and you are not sure where to start? Keep calm and start here:

SAP Tutorials for beginner and advanced users 

A learning journey about SBPA  

Many thanks to all colleagues and community users who have made this blog post possible with their input. 
In the second part, I prepare content about Signavio, Document Information Extraction, Task Center, Work Zone and the SAP Business Application Studio in the context of SBPA.

Have fun automating and developing. 

Feel free to take part at the SAP Build Hackathon from 16th to 18th April 2024.

3 Comments
MaiaraEllwanger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Great resources Jonas, thanks for sharing!

Manuel_Namyslo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

thanks for this blogpost!

anselmomilani
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello @JonasGermann 

In Trial system, there is no booster pack:

anselmomilani_1-1708006654259.png

And when I try to instantiate Build Process Automation manually, I receive this generic failed error.

anselmomilani_0-1708006596268.png

Can you please help? I believe there are more users pointing this error in this forum. I can see this with this link:

https://community.sap.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=dateRangeType&q=Build%20process%20...

Thanks