SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best (Teaching Low Code) Path Forward?

David_Gerding
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi BuildApps Community,

I'm an associate professor in Chicago that has been delighted to use AppGyver and now BuildApps to teach rapid, low code app development. Does it make sense to keep using BuildApps?

The tool is great, but I can't get my students onboarded in free trial in way that's reliable enough to move to the "full" version of BuildApps. Is moving to the full version of BuildApps the best way to move ahead? Or is it time to find a new low code tool 😞

(Right now, I'm just trying to find the fastest way to get "Preview On Device" working in Community since I can't find the QR Code, which is why I was wondering if we are being "urged by progress" to abandon Community version?)

All help and ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Gerding

1 REPLY 1

EsmeeX
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dave. Just to clarify, are your students using the Community Edition or the Free Trial? For learning purposes, we of course always recommend the Community Edition, and we just launched the new version here.

We're continuing to focus our efforts on this new version, and it provides a great set of base features that should teach the fundamentals of low-code app development. As for the preview app issue, I'm not aware of any problems occurring there - again, if you can clarify which version you're using we can take a look.