SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new data or delete, update with S/4HANA data in Build Apps?

SumiKang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Builders!

I'm glad to write my first discussion in this group.

I was interested in this blog post by Rich Blumberg and I had one question about this blog.

blog post:https://blogs.sap.com/2023/10/09/no-code-guide-sap-s-4hana-cloud-to-sap-build-apps-data-visibility/c...

It's easy to set up a visible data table with the blog, but I wanna try to create, delete, and update data.

Does anyone have an idea for this topic?

Previously thank you for your help!

Best Regards,

Sumi

9 REPLIES 9

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

you still need help with this? Can you explain what you want to do different than the blog? Do you mean you can view the data but you also want to create records, update records, and delete them?

• You can add a trash can icon to each visible record, and then on click use the delete record flow function
  • For update and create, you'll have to create a form, and then use the appropriate flow function.

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn

MarkWood21
Discoverer

While the blog covers displaying data, I'm eager to explore creating, deleting, and updating data processes.

Centura health login

Sumi & Mark,
Hi! Thanks for your comments! In the blog, the data is handled in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. The SAP Build Apps is an extension of the data for the user. And in this example the SAP Business Accelerator Hub was used to simulate the data.

So you have a very good observation...to create, delete, or update data their would need to be access to the source data in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, which could be coming from multiple sources.

In order for a user to have these permissions, there would need to be governance and the right role based permissions. 

In this scenario the business owner(s) working with IT would need to set-up the best approach. 
With that said, I could see a feedback loop (as one approach), such as what Daniel referenced by way of a "form" in SAP Build Apps to alert the owner(s) if any issues are scene. Whether it's an alert or it changes the data would depend on the business and IT rules set-up and the goverance required. For example, changing data sourced from a bank would be different than changing a number of units. 

In summary, for ongoing access to the data for creating, updating, deleting a process must be put in place! How it would end up from a technology and business standpoint depends on the use case.

Hope that helps! Good luck! 

P.S. FYI: I'm working on a customer story where SAP Build Process Automation is used to change the data in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition based on a range of workflows. I can share it with this group once it's published! So yes, it can be done!:-)

SumiKang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply @RichDBlumberg .

Can you give any material on building features such as CRUD? or Can you give any materials on permissions and governance?

0 Kudos

Here is a blog (that comes with project, video, and tutorial) that explains how to practically use S/4HANA CRUD:

https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-sap/how-to-handle-s-4hana-apis-in-sap-build-apps/ba...

--------------

KevienRay
Discoverer
0 Kudos

While the blog focuses on presenting data, I'm keen to delve into the processes of generating, removing, and modifying data Login MyCentura patient portal

KevienRay
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The blog emphasizes the exploration of procedures involved in creating, deleting, and altering data within the following VisitNow

SumiKang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi! As you know other questioners keep asking the same questions in this forum, I still need assistance.

Yes. Like your confirmation, I want to create, update and delete records not only view data in Build Apps.

0 Kudos

Here is a blog (that comes with project, video, and tutorial) that explains how to practically use S/4HANA CRUD:

https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-sap/how-to-handle-s-4hana-apis-in-sap-build-apps/ba...

--------------