SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make changed to Decisions table in SAP BPA externally

karthikav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to find  a way where the decision table feature offered inside BPA can be change externally.

Basically I am looking for an approach where I do not need to go to decision table, make changes and deploy it inside the BPA for changes to reflect.

Is there any way like any API based approach where I could add extra conditions into the rule in decision table externally?

Thanks & Regards,

Karthika

SAP Build Process Automation 

4 REPLIES 4

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create the rule in a separate project and publish it. Then you can use the standard rules APIs to interact with it. 

0 Kudos

Hi @SandipAgarwalla ,

Thanks for the reply.

So basically the idea is make a different project where we only have decision tables.

But in case I want to add a new entry that would still be I need to go into that project in SAP BPA, build and deploy it again for it to reflect, right?

Or is there any other approach where without building and redeploying , I can add new entry to it?

Regards,

Karthika

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was referring to the REST API interface provided by SAP to access these rules. Check this

https://api.sap.com/api/SPA_Decision/overview

I do not know if you can add a new rule using this API, the documentation does not provide this detail. 

If this api does not work for update, then you may have to rebuild the rules project. 

0 Kudos

Hi @SandipAgarwalla ,

Yes I have tried the above API , it only gives the option to display the rules, but not the option to edit.

So that was the reason was looking for an approach where it might provide to be easier, and something not involving deployments.

Regards,

Karthika