SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use attributes.ExampleCustomAttribute in a SAP BPA Process?

karthikav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have gone through few blogs which suggest the usage of 'attributes.ExampleCustomAttribute' which we get through custom variable.

What I am struggling with is how do i declare custom variable in my SAP BPA Process. 

SAP Build Process Automation 

Regards,

Karthika

9 REPLIES 9

Dinu
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can define Custom Variables in Variables tab of Process Details. 

Select the process canvas and open the "Process Details" panel on the right by clicking on "<<", just below buttons for zoom on the top right. 

Configure Process Variables | SAP Build Process Automation | SAP Help

[Update]

Custom Attributes are defined in the Visibility tab of Process Details.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This parameter seems to have to do with Process Visibility – to learn more, here is a video to start you off: https://youtu.be/qlo2itgC6-U which helps you monitor the processes.

Here, I created a variable for process visibility – newstatus is one of the inputs I defined for the process:

Dan_Wroblewski_0-1709456490405.png

I have many instances, but I can add the parameter to my API call and it will retrieve only the processes that have this variable set to "APPROVED".

Dan_Wroblewski_1-1709456664378.png

If I run it I will get only the instance that I just created using this process visibility variable.

Dan_Wroblewski_2-1709456716490.png

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn

0 Kudos

Hi @Dan_Wroblewski 

This helps a lot. Now I am able to understand the usage and functionality of custom attributes.

Thanks a lot 🙂

karthikav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @Dinu 

I did see custom variables , but was not sure these are the ones coming under attributes.ExampleCustomAttribute.

Let me try this out

Regards,

Karthika

0 Kudos

In the question you were only asking about Custom Variable. I have updated the answer for Custom Attribute. Without knowing what you want to do, one cannot suggest which would work best for you.

0 Kudos

Hi @Dinu 

Re reading my question I can now see how this would be confusing.

Let me try to attach example of what I am trying to achieve so that it would be better to analyse on those lines:-

1. The API available under the SAP accelerator hub to get workflow instances on basis of query parameters is explained as below on the site

karthikav_0-1709443515171.png

2. Under this we have attributes.ExampleCustomAttribute described as below

karthikav_1-1709443630878.png

3. I wanted to understand where can this be set?

Thanks & Regards,

Karthika

0 Kudos

The api is referring to attributes modeled in Visibility tab of Process details. You can model up to 15 simple typed attributes, by mapping to variables in the context. In the example, ExampleCustomAttribute is the Id of an attribute.  

0 Kudos

Hi @Dinu ,

Thanks for your inputs. The reply from both you and Dan has clarified my doubt.

Reagrds,

Karthika

0 Kudos

Please see my earlier answer below.

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn