SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation menu color

chris_illinois
Explorer
0 Kudos

It would appear that there have been some changes in the new community edition of Appgyver that has either eliminated the ability to customize the color of the navigation menu background, text, and icons or it has moved.

Can someone please help me find it.  I could live with the background being white, although not my preference, but I need to be able to change the text color so it is visible below the icon.

Thanks,

Chris

attachment1711978203053.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Josephrezende
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the same need, as far as i know you can only change the icon in the native menu, if you make a custom menu you can change all parameters, but in my opinion the custom menu is very hard to work with

chris_illinois
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  I can make a custom menu, but I don't know how to activate it or change any of the parameters like those available in the old version.

marihirvi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, these can all be controlled on the Theme tab under "Theme variables" > "Color variables" > "Navigation"

marihirvi_0-1712300257925.png

0 Kudos

The background color is not applied, even though this is done several times

0 Kudos

I agree that the ability to customize the menu used to exist.  As you can see below in the picture, I only have one option which is the reason for my post.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

Any additional thoughts given my reply?  I don't see why you have more menu choices than I do?  Let me know if you have any insight.

Thanks

marihirvi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@chris_illinois When has the project been created, has it been imported from the old community edition or freshly created in the new community edition? If you create a fresh project, does it have any more options available on the Theme tab?

If you are able to create a project that has all options visible on the Theme tab, you could use the export-replace functionality to export and import the contents of the project:

marihirvi_0-1713185991005.png

chris_illinois
Explorer

Old projects and new projects have the same functionality - or lack there of for customizing the navigation menu.  For this post, I just created this test project in the new community edition and as you can see there is only one variable that can be changed, the same one as my previous post which was from an app that was started in the old Composer Pro version.

Thoughts?

chris_illinois_0-1713207698404.png

marihirvi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@chris_illinois can you still check what is under "Color Variables > Navigation"? the screenshot is from "Font Family Variables > Navigation". If there is still only one option, there must be a bug with the visibilities of the different options

Sorry, yes only one option under Color variables for Navigation.  What's the process to get this fixed.  So this is one of my imported apps from the old system.  So anytime I need to make a change to an old app, I will face this problem because in the new version the background is white and the text for the icons is white and I don't have the ability to edit the text color.

chris_illinois_0-1713316685366.png

For new Apps, created in the new community edition, I do have the ability to edit the navigation colors.

chris_illinois_1-1713316685231.png

marihirvi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks, I'll report it forward as a known issue. Did you try the export-replace trick that I suggested in my earlier reply (create a new project and replace its contents with contents of the old project)?

0 Kudos

I did.  This is an export of V13 imported to a new project via the replace function.  Same issue, only one variable option to change under color variables / navigation.

Thanks

chris_illinois_0-1713533386764.png

chris_illinois
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry, yes only one option under Color variables for Navigation.  What's the process to get this fixed.  So this is one of my imported apps from the old system.  So anytime I need to make a change to an old app, I will face this problem because in the new version the background is white and the text for the icons is white and I don't have the ability to edit the text color.

chris_illinois_0-1713274680248.png

For new Apps, created in the new community edition, I do have the ability to edit the navigation colors.

chris_illinois_1-1713274899370.png