SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Build Apps - build service not working since 24 hours

Abdullatif
Explorer

Hi

Builds are getting failed over SAP Build Apps. I am using community edition.Builds are getting failed with this errorBuilds are getting failed with this error

46 REPLIES 46

ahannula
Explorer

Same problem with me, Builds no longer work, not even with those app versions that were built just ok a week ago.

Yes same here with me.

LuisG
Explorer

I have the same problem, the last apk generated was on 02/04/2024 at 19:51. But since 02/05/2024 no one has been generated with the same error. Since the preview app that uses runtime 4.9.121 it works correctly.
Is there someone in charge of the system?...

Runtime version: 4.9.133; AB version: 2.0.0-alpha.1COMMAND:
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/@appgyver/orchestra-builder/node_modules/rnv/bin/index.jsconfigure -p android -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @appgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.133 --hooks --npxMode
FAILED with ERROR:
Command failed with exit code 1: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/@appgyver/orchestra-builder/node_modules/rnv/bin/index.js configure -p android -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @appgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.133 --hooks --npxMode

MaiaraEllwanger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

@Abdullatif @LuisG  @ahannula @marjohn123123  - thanks for reaching out. We are investigating this issue with high priority. I will update this thread as soon as it is resolved.

Thanks for your patience. 

Many thanks @MaiaraEllwanger 

0 Kudos

Any news?

0 Kudos

It still does not work.
Can you give us some information on the status of the solution?
Thank you so much!

With the new Runtime 4.9.145 it already works.
Thank you so much!! @MaiaraEllwanger @Abdullatif 

Hello @MaiaraEllwanger, we encountered the same error with Runtime version 4.9.148, we cannot build the .apk.
Would it be possible that, like other times, you maintain the possibility of choosing the Runtime Version as you have had other times before?
For example, if 4.9.145 worked, should you leave it active at the same time as you run 4.9.148?

Thank you very much, we look forward to your responses.

Runtime version: 4.9.148;
AB version: 2.0.0-alpha.1
COMMAND:

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/@appgyver/orchestra-builder/node_modules/rnv/bin/index.jsconfigure -p android -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @appgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.148 --hooks --npxMode

FAILED with ERROR:

Command failed with exit code 1: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/@appgyver/orchestra-builder/node_modules/rnv/bin/index.js configure -p android -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @appgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.148 --hooks --npxMode

RubemAndrade
Explorer
0 Kudos

same problem!!!

Jay-eem
Explorer

Sample problem here. need it ASAP

@MaiaraEllwanger 

Thanks,

Abdullatif
Explorer

Hi

Build service is working fine now with the new Runtime Version: 4.9.145

MaiaraEllwanger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Update: Issue solved for Web and Android builds (EU10, US10).
We're working on the iOS builds and I'll update the thread again once finalized.

0 Kudos

Hi

Any update on iOS builds please?

liardo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Abdullatif , the iOS builds should work now as well.

Regards, Laura (SAP Build Apps Product Management)

0 Kudos

Hi @liardo 

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Maria, I am using runtime version: 4.9.148 and the same error just occurred when I ran an iOS build.

Can you help me?

0 Kudos

Build Service for Android not working with

Runtime Version: 4.9.148
Build ID: 19021

@MaiaraEllwanger 

Hi Maiara,

I tested all the builds yesterday. None of them run and I get exactly the same error. Build version is still 4.9.148 - I can't select another one either.

What can I do?

Coutinho
Explorer

Hi @MaiaraEllwanger,

I'm facing the same issue here. I worked day and night all week to deliver an app this weekend, and now the platform isn't working 😞

The platform under maintenance or undergoing an update?

Runtime Version: 4.9.148
Build ID: 19044
App 77262

ahannula
Explorer

Same error today with Wep App build. 

Gave an error:

Runtime version: 4.9.148; AB version: 2.0.0-alpha.1COMMAND:
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/@appgyver/orchestra-builder/node_modules/rnv/bin/index.jsconfigure -p web -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @appgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.148 --hooks --npxMode
FAILED with ERROR:
Command failed with exit code 1: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/@appgyver/orchestra-builder/node_modules/rnv/bin/index.js configure -p web -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @appgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.148 --hooks --npxM

MaiaraEllwanger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @ahannula @Coutinho @ma-ster @Apex @LuisG 

we're experiencing some instability 😐 The team is investigating the issue with high priority and I'll update as soon as there are any news.

mihaly-toth-nc
Explorer

Soon shortly after the latest reply on this thread, there was a new topic about a similar issue, which led to failing web builds with the runtime 4.9.150. In the below-attached thread, there are multiple error logs, which might shed a little more light on the issues. 

Wishing you a wonderful day and successful fixes. 

SAP Build Apps Web build failing March, 2024 

No-code expert with extensive experience in SAP Build Apps (former Appgyver), Firebase, Xano. Actively working on a startup and further projects.

mihaly-toth-nc
Explorer

Update to the topic. 
Just recently (possibly today) the runtime 4.9.201 was introduced in the build service for the Community Version. 

Good news: The native builds are working as expected.
Bad news: The web builds are still failing with the same error code as before. See it attached.

Runtime version: 4.9.201; AB version: 2.1.13
COMMAND:
NODE_OPTIONS=--max-old-space-size=12240 NEXT_SUPPORT_RELATIVE_PATHS=true npxrnv export -p web -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @sapappgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.201 -r
FAILED with ERROR:
Command failed with exit code 1: npx rnv export -p web -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @sapappgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.201 -r

It would be great to get some insight or let us know if any other information is required from our side to help troubleshoot the issue.

No-code expert with extensive experience in SAP Build Apps (former Appgyver), Firebase, Xano. Actively working on a startup and further projects.

nicholas1959
Explorer

Monday March 18, 2024. Same problem with 4.9.201 web build. March 8, 2024 it worked with 4.9.150. Should I just keep working on the app and hope it gets fixed?

nicholas1959
Explorer

I have several issues that may or may not be related.  I cannot build with version 4.9.201, and if I select "Update All" in the marketplace my app login page is completely different and does not work at all. 

I had 12 updates to make in the marketplace, I updated each one individually but there were only 11 actual updates.  The red "1" update that remains does not exist.  The only way to remove the red "1" is to "Update All" but that destroys my app.  Are any of these related?  

Thanks for listening, App #91072

I have tried today March 20, 2024 to build again but this time I received the error:

Runtime Version: 4.9.201
Error Message: Unknown error, contact support for more details.
Queued at: 3/20/2024, 9:16:11 AM
Build ID: 21410

Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Nick

Nick

I did the same - I updated all the marketplace that I had installed in my app and the login page lost all the customizations and all the flows.  Fortunately, I had a backup and it was rather easy to re-apply the customizations and all the flows.  (It would have been even better if I could copy elements and flows between projects).

I still can't get anything to App Store Connect because of a missing string.  

Hi @nicholas1959 

I am having the same issue. Updating all destroys the app. I have updated one by one. There remains one single update but actually doesn't exists. And that can only be removed with update all.

Please help resolve @MaiaraEllwanger 

liardo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Abdullatif, we're currently experiencing issues with the builds and our team is working on it - can you help us and send more information on your issue to buildapps@sap.com, please? Best regards, Laura

Kapazza
Newcomer

Getting tons of build errors on Android (haven't tried iOS or web):

Runtime version: 4.9.201; AB version: 2.1.13{
  "stack": "SyntaxError: Unexpected token a in JSON at position 0\n    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)\n    at Asset.decrypt (file:///usr/local/lib/node_modules/@sapappgyver/orchestra-builder-npm/dist/src/orchestra-builder/models/encryptedAsset.js:76:53)",
  "message": "Unexpected token a in JSON at position 0"
}

liardo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Kapazza, thanks for reporting your issue - our team is on it. Best regards, Laura

0 Kudos

If it's any help, in App #91072, I have deleted every page (in a copy) and updated all the marketplace items and still not able to make a web build.  If I create a new app all is fine, except I cannot copy pages from my app to another new one.

0 Kudos

This morning I tried a web build with 4.9.201 and it worked.  Thanks so much for efforts.

0 Kudos

@liardoWe are having the same problem with Runtime version 4.9.201, can you check what happened?
We are trying to build in AAB for Android, the error presented is the following:

Runtime version: 4.9.201; AB version: 2.1.14COMMAND:
NODE_OPTIONS=--max-old-space-size=16000 npxrnv export -p android -s standalone_bundle -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @sapappgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.201 -r
FAILED with ERROR:
Command failed with exit code 1: npx rnv export -p android -s standalone_bundle -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @sapappgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.201 -r

Any information would be of great help, thank you.

Coutinho
Explorer

Hello everyone,

It's been two days since the build isn't working. I left a comment in another discussion, but there hasn't been any response from anyone on the SAP team. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm seriously considering migrating to another platform. The response time from SAP for incidents on this platform is very poor.

Runtime version: 4.9.218; AB version: 2.1.14COMMAND:
NODE_OPTIONS=--max-old-space-size=12240 NEXT_SUPPORT_RELATIVE_PATHS=true npxrnv export -p web -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @sapappgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.218 -r

0 Kudos

Yes I am getting the same error:

NODE_OPTIONS=--max-old-space-size=12240 NEXT_SUPPORT_RELATIVE_PATHS=true npxrnv export -p web -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @sapappgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.218 -r
FAILED with ERROR:
Command failed with exit code 1: npx rnv export -p web -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @sapappgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.218 -r

It's very frustrating for sure.  I am also getting errors with updated Marketplace items.  Specifically, the "Create a new data record" and the like. 

Coutinho
Explorer

Hello guys,

Until now, I haven't been able to meet my client's needs. I would like an opinion from SAP to know if I need a paid version to determine if I can set deadlines with my client.

ahannula
Explorer

Same problem here, Build Sevice stopped working again. 

Gives an error:

FAILED with ERROR:
Command failed with exit code 1: npx rnv export -p web -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @sapappgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.218 -r

EsmeeX
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all, thanks for your patience. There was an issue affecting some builds over the weekend, but it should be resolved and working now. If you experience issues again, please make a new post with required details!

cc @nicholas1959 @ahannula @Coutinho