SAP CodeJam
Developer focused, hands-on SAP events
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺ SAP Build: Create Apps and Processes Without Coding (Ghent, Belgium)

SAP CodeJam
thumbnail (5).png

GOOD NEWS: We have been able to increase our capacity and the maximum number of places is 35. Feel free to continue to sign up.

2023-12-24_18-40-33.png

This is an all new SAP CodeJam event for SAP Build (reworked in February 2024) and will give you a hands-on experience with SAP Build for building apps and business processes without coding (Low Code/No Code). 

You will get to know the environment by creating:

• A business app (SAP Build Apps).
  • A business process (SAP Build Process Automation).
  • We will also demo desktop automations and a business site in which you can embed the app (SAP Build Work Zone).

You will get to know the SAP Build lobby, where you access all your SAP Build artifacts, and get a deeper understanding of the following topics:

• SAP Build Apps
    • Connecting to an ABAP (ES5) and CAP service
    • Building UIs
    • Binding data
    • Navigation
    • Triggering processes from your app
    • Scanning barcodes and implementing other mobile capabilities
    • Filtering data
  • SAP Build Process Automation: 
    • Creating a process
    • Adding approvals
    • Implementing a rework scenario
    • Creating actions
    • Calling SAP backends (SAP S/4HANA Cloud and CAP services)
    • Updating data
    • Conditions and GoTo flows
    • Custom variables

This is anin-person event only (not virtual) and is planned for Monday, February 19th, 2024 from 09:30 - 17:30 hours CET.The language of the event and the content will be English.

2023-12-24_18-40-33.png

Prerequisites

• Bring your own laptop with power adapter and have a supported Web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox installed on your laptop.
  • Complete these prerequisites BEFORE you come: Set Up Prerequisites for SAP Build CodeJam 

2023-12-24_18-40-33.png

Event Address: delaware – Blue Tower 1 (4th floor), Sluisweg 1, 9000 Gent, Belgium.

The instructors are SAP Developer Advocates @Ian_Thain and @Dan_Wroblewski.

The event is kindly being hosted by delaware – thank you! Please note that spaces are limited – we can only accommodate 35 attendees. If you want to attend, register by clicking the Yes button in the Will you be attending? section above to the right.

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
delaware Ghent, Blue Tower 1, Sluisweg 1, 9000 Gent, Belgium
35 Comments
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I am still researching this. But if it is possible, can you you delete your trial and create it again. And then, the only difference is when you create the 2 services for SAP Build Process Automation, create the Instance first (standard plan) and let it finish and only then create the subscription (free plan).

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn
Lieven_Deb
Newcomer

Hi
Removing the failed subscription is working fine now, but re-install the SAP Build proces automation is still failing..

Same error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kr Lieven 

Lieven_Deb
Newcomer

Hi
Same popup when you click on 'view details':

Lieven_Deb_0-1707813254556.png

Kr Lieven

manityagi
Newcomer

Hi

I have clicked to attend, is there any other procedure to register ?

Also is there a feed to attend ?

thanks and looking forward to it!

Lieven_Deb
Newcomer

Hi

I deleted my trial account, created a new one, try to install SAP Build Automation, instance was ok, application not:

Lieven_Deb_0-1707821906830.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kr Lieven

Lieven_Deb
Newcomer

Hi 

After deleting my trial account, and recreated a new one, same issue :

Lieven_Deb_0-1707825781898.png

Any suggestions?

Kr Lieven

marcfrenay
Explorer

same for me

kurtjacobs
Discoverer

seems to be working now.  I have successfully removed failed subscription and was able to add it correctly now

Ian_Thain
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Hi Attendees

Daniel and I have been in touch with the relevant teams, and we believe a fix has been deployed.

If you had issues, could you try again, but please note that run the creation of the Free plan and the Standard instance one after the other and not simultaneously.

Kind Regards

Ian

Lieven_Deb
Newcomer

Ok 

Works fine now after doing the steps you said.

Thanks
Kr Lieven

marcfrenay
Explorer

Hello, Thx

It worked for me 

marcfrenay_0-1707904786991.png

Ian_Thain
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Awesome 🀩

ChristopheEtnic
Newcomer

Unable to install SAP Build Process Automation Free Capture d'Γ©cran 2024-02-15 131638F.jpg even after deleting and re-installing 5 times 😞

Lieven_Deb
Newcomer

Hi 

After the SAP Build CodeJam session in ghent last monday,  I tried to complete the tuturial, however I'm stuck in step 7, when triggering process from my app.  After testing the API-trigger, i got a response 500:

{ "message": "Request failed with status code 500", "name": "AxiosError", "stack": "AxiosError: Request failed with status code 500\n at Sr (https://ba8d8c66trial.design-time.us10.apps.build.cloud.sap/assets/chunks/axios-fa73bef5.js:135:1037...n at XMLHttpRequest.b (https://ba8d8c66trial.design-time.us10.apps.build.cloud.sap/assets/chunks/axios-fa73bef5.js:135:4220...n at ne.request (https://ba8d8c66trial.design-time.us10.apps.build.cloud.sap/assets/chunks/axios-fa73bef5.js:137:3098...n at async u (https://ba8d8c66trial.design-time.us10.apps.build.cloud.sap/assets/chunks/useDestinations-cc2f603b.j...n at ne.request (https://ba8d8c66trial.design-time.us10.apps.build.cloud.sap/assets/chunks/axios-fa73bef5.js:137:3098)", "config": { "transitional": { "silentJSONParsing": true, "forcedJSONParsing": true, "clarifyTimeoutError": false }, "adapter": [ "xhr", "http" ], "transformRequest": [ null ], "transformResponse": [ null ], "timeout": 0, "xsrfCookieName": "XSRF-TOKEN", "xsrfHeaderName": "X-XSRF-TOKEN", "maxContentLength": -1, "maxBodyLength": -1, "env": {}, "headers": { "Accept": "application/json, text/plain, */*", "Content-Type": "application/json", "x-csrf-token": "b94ad8f296c492a38da8e9ae1fa2cc599076fc3b2104a53601122abb48d7027b", "x-requested-with": "XMLHttpRequest" }, "baseURL": "/destinations_api/v2/destination/spa_process_destination_USER2", "method": "post", "url": "", "data": "{\"headers\":{\"accept\":\"application/json, text/plain, */*\",\"content-type\":\"application/json\",\"authorization\":\"Bearer undefined\"},\"url\":\"\",\"method\":\"post\",\"data\":\"{\\\"definitionId\\\":\\\"us10.ba8d8c66trial.purchaseapproval.purchaseApprovalProcess\\\",\\\"context\\\":{}}\"}" }, "code": "ERR_BAD_RESPONSE", "status": 500 }

When I click on Check connection, i got:

Lieven_Deb_0-1708688861958.png

Any suggestions to proceed

Thanks
Kr Lieven

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Did you test this in the data resource test panel, before running it in runtime?

In the tutorial it gives some troubleshooting, and for 500 it says:

500: This may mean that your URLs are wrong, especially, you may have the wrong URL for OAuth authentication, such as you forget to add the path /oauth/token.

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn