SAP Influencers Directory
Looking to find an expert in your area with the knowledge you need? Connect with them here by searching for SAP professionals and members of our SAP Influencer programs: SAP Champions and SAP Mentors!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

More about Ben in SAP Community

Ben_Schneider_rounded.png

I am a Product Management Expert for SAP Solution Manager and SAP Cloud ALM. Customer Communications and Relations for SAP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) products. 

People_pictogram.png
Ben, tell us about yourself.
Who are you, what do you like to do, what is important to you?

My name is Benjamin Schneider (I prefer to be called Ben), I am 44 years old and live with my family in Heidelberg, Germany – close to the SAP headquarters in Walldorf and to the offices in St. Leon-Rot, where I am based. Besides working for SAP for more than 20 years, I like to spend time with my family, listen to music and play it myself (I play drums and percussion, a little bit of piano and learn to play the guitar since more than 5 years), spend time with my family, travel, and dig into all sorts of IT-related topics from website building to programming.

Desktop_pictogram.png
What is your area of expertise?
What does a usual day at work look like for you?

I started as a working student in the product management team for SAP Solution Manager, so already back then I was working on Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) topics! Over the years, the team transitioned into a global communications team for SAP’s ALM offerings – and that’s what I enjoy doing now! There is no typical day at work, as we do many different things –social media activities, customer meetings, rollout material creation, event management, blog and article writing and many other things… What I like most about my job is exactly this variety of tasks and activities. Also getting to travel to meet customers and partners at events all over the world to discuss strategic and hands-on ALM topics is always a great experience.

inspiration_pictogram.png
What inspired you to become an SAP Champion in SAP Community?

For me, SAP Community is the place to be and acts as a collaborative workspace for customers, partners and SAP employees. We can easily roll out information and share it with the community, and at the same time can interact with customers and partners, can receive feedback and comments on the content we share and get into discussions with experts on customer and partner side. To support this exchange even more, and also to create visibility four “my” topic of Application Lifecycle Management, I decided to apply for the SAP Champion role. Also, the exchange with other SAP Champions is a great way to learn, to build new networks and to get insights into other areas of SAP’s vast portfolio.

bullet_list_pictogram.png
How do you learn in SAP Community?
What is your daily/weekly routine in SAP Community?

Normally, I start my “community tour” by checking for new content on the hashtags relevant for me and my topic. If I then see some interesting blogs, for example, I try to find time to read them – and check for comments or discussions below the blog post itself, to see if there’s any interesting thoughts from the community. 

I also regularly check for questions on my topics, to see if I can provide an answer (or learn from answers already given!). If I have published a new blog myself, I try to monitor the comments sections to see if there is any feedback or discussions going on.

circles_pictogram.png
What is your suggestion to get the most out of SAP Community?

Engage actively! There are a lot of possibilities in the SAP Community to “passively” learn and read (which is great!), but you can get even more out of it by actively asking questions, providing answers from your area of expertise or writing blog posts to share your knowledge!

Arrow_pictogramm_new.pngBen's question to you:
What ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) topics would you like to see featured in the community? Let me know in the comments!

Labels in this area
Top kudoed authors