SAP Influencers Directory
Looking to find an expert in your area with the knowledge you need? Connect with them here by searching for SAP professionals and members of our SAP Influencer programs: SAP Champions and SAP Mentors!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fausto Motter circular.png

Location (City, Country): Chicago, US

People_pictogram.png
Fausto, tell us about yourself.
Who are you, what do you like to do, what is important to you?

Hello. My name is Fausto Motter, I am the father of 3 beautiful girls, and professionally I am a Senior Director in Globant, working as SAP SME. In my free time, when I have time left, I like to travel and discover new places and meet people. I believe that travel and contact with new cultures greatly enhances the worldview and understanding of different ways of living.

Desktop_pictogram.png
What is your area of expertise?
What does a usual day at work look like for you?

I started my career 16 years ago in the SAP world, as a functional consultant for SD, MM and TM processes. I was lucky enough to work on global projects and templates for large clients, which gave me a broad view of processes beyond the edges of the modules in which I worked. And these opportunities gave me in-depth knowledge in some industries, such as Mining and Metallurgy, Life Sciences and Medical Devices, and Automotive.

A few years ago I began to direct my studies and work towards the search and research of process automation solutions, integrating intelligent algorithms with existing processes, always looking at the benefits that could be brought to the business.

Although it is difficult to define myself, I consider myself someone with a good knowledge of business and processes, and a relevant knowledge of automation technologies and process intelligence, including development and integration as pillars of innovation.

Always looking ahead and seeking food for thought.

inspiration_pictogram.png
What inspired you to become an SAP Champion in SAP Community?

The SAP community was fundamental to my career, as I had the opportunity to participate in hackathons, test new tools, I was in contact with development and research teams, and I learned many new things from the SAP team and community colleagues. I recognize that the SAP community is a valuable asset to our ecosystem, both in terms of technical and personal issues.

And passing on this opportunity was important to keep the culture of sharing and people's growth alive.

I organized more than a dozen SAP Inside Tracks, supported events in many countries in Latin America, wrote dozens of technical blogs to help colleagues. In the same way, I also learned a lot from content and events shared by other colleagues.

I think that being an SAP Champion represents the responsibility of not only having technical mastery of the topics, but also collaborating with customers, SAP and the entire ecosystem with the generation of relevant and innovative content. Reinforcing the culture of innovation is a Champions task, and I am dedicated to it.

bullet_list_pictogram.png
How do you learn in SAP Community?
What is your daily/weekly routine in SAP Community?

When I worked more as a consultant, I had a presence in the community by creating content and answering questions. There were dozens of blogs, answers to questions, and online and in-person interactions.

Currently I am more focused on writing Blogs with authorial content and organizing events, so that we return to the dynamics of contacts and interactions that we had before the pandemic. This is very relevant for the entire ecosystem, including customers, consultants and SAP itself.

circles_pictogram.png
What is your suggestion to get the most out of SAP Community?

First, content curation for SAP Champions and SAP Mentors must be strengthened to ensure that content is up-to-date and technically valid.

Secondly, encouraging the exchange of information and content through blogs and events. We must reinforce the concepts of collaboration, making clear the message that helping the community grow means fostering innovation.

Arrow_pictogramm_new.pngFausto's question to you:

The message I leave, in a new world full of changes and constant search for innovation in tools and methods; How can we use new tools to help businesses and the community? 
In my opinion, the search should always be on how to transform businesses and communities through technology. How to let Machine Learning and AI stop being buzzwords and actually include intelligence in processes, which stop being supervised and become autonomous.
This is my quest, and my main motivation.

Labels in this area