SAP Influencers Directory
Looking to find an expert in your area with the knowledge you need? Connect with them here by searching for SAP professionals and members of our SAP Influencer programs: SAP Champions and SAP Mentors!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

More about Nil Peksen in SAP Community

Nil Peksen circular.png

Location (City, Country):
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Occupation: SAP Data & Analytics Expert, Techno-Functional Consultant

People_pictogram.png
Nil, tell us about yourself.
Who are you, what do you like to do, what is important to you?

My name is Nil Peksen, and I was born in Istanbul, Turkey, but now I call Amsterdam, Netherlands, home and I work at Lighthouse, Norway. People often describe me as unconventional, brave, and possessing a hyperactive mind. Embracing my neurodiversity is something I take immense pride in. I have a profound passion for delving into the intricacies of the human brain, especially within computational neuroscience. My own neurodiverse challenges have been a driving force, leading me to integrate and celebrate these unique traits within my communities and social circles. Over the years, I've dedicated myself to volunteering with neurodiversity groups, aiming to empower individuals by highlighting that neurodiversity is not a limitation but rather an incredible strength and superpower 🙂

Desktop_pictogram.png
What is your area of expertise?
What does a usual day at work look like for you?

I've been in the SAP Ecosystem since 2005, gathering nearly two decades of experience, mainly focusing on SAP Data and Analytics. As the SAP Ecosystem has changed over time, my approach and interests have shifted too especially in the last 5 years. I’m all about that self-motivation, which often leads me to take on projects that push me beyond my usual comfort zone. With my background in programming and engineering, I'm constantly eager to dive into new tech, which means I've been jumping between different areas lately. 
It might seem a bit odd to have all this experience in Analytics and now be tackling a CAP project, but hey, flexibility is the name of the game, right? This setup pretty much sums up my typical day and fits perfectly with how I like to work. Everyday throws something new at me, and honestly, I'm all about the challenge.

inspiration_pictogram.png
What inspired you to become an SAP Champion in SAP Community?

I've been hanging out in the SAP Community since 2005, back when it was called SCN and SDN 🙂 Even though my SIDs have changed over the years, the people in the SAP Community who supported, frustrated, and helped me have been consistent. They were like my virtual buddies, sticking with me through all my SAP adventures for a long years. In 2018, everything changed when I won an SAP TechEd Scholarship and had a chance to meet these "avatars" in person at SAP TechEd Barcelona. Those incredible mentors and peers have since become friends in my everyday life, and I feel incredibly lucky to have such an encouraging network of SAP enthusiasts across the globe. Being honoured with the SAP Championship in 2019 marked a significant milestone for me, and I am doing my best to inspire newcomers just as SAP Community inspired me.

bullet_list_pictogram.png
How do you learn in SAP Community?
What is your daily/weekly routine in SAP Community?

I used to attend various in-person events like local meetups, SAP Stammtisches, and SAP Inside Tracks quite frequently. However, due to my busy work-life schedule, I haven't been able to stay as engaged in SAP interest groups in the past couple of years. The good news is that with my new job and project, I now have some extra time to spare. I'm excited to rekindle my involvement by diving back into reading and actively participating in technical blogs and interest groups.

circles_pictogram.png
What is your suggestion to get the most out of SAP Community?

Here are a few recommendations I'd like to share:

Dive into topics that interest you and contribute to the community by creating blogs, tutorials, or engaging in discussions. Offering valuable insights not only benefits others but also boosts your standing within the community.

Attend Community Events: If it is possible participate events in person, if it’s not possible feel free to join webinars and online community events.

Challenge Yourself: Explore scholarship programs, join Devtober fest, and dare to pursue your own ideas to push your boundaries further.

Arrow_pictogramm_new.pngNil's question to you:
How do you envision the future of SAP technology shaping the landscape of businesses and industries, and what role do you see yourself playing in this transformative journey?

Labels in this area