SAP Influencers Directory
Looking to find an expert in your area with the knowledge you need? Connect with them here by searching for SAP professionals and members of our SAP Influencer programs: SAP Champions and SAP Mentors!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

More about Vladimirs in SAP Community

Vladimirs Semikins Circular.png

Location (City, Country): Riga, Latvia 

People_pictogram.png
Vladimirs, tell us about yourself.
Who are you, what do you like to do, what is important to you?

Hi there! My name is Vladimirs, but you can call me Vlad. I am originally from Riga, Latvia. 

I absolutely love everything about boards - snowboarding, kiting, wakeboarding, and surfing. I have a board for each season. I've been snowboarding since I was 16 years old and have visited many skiing resorts across Europe. However, my favorite one is Åre, Sweden, where the nature and views are simply fabulous. Recently, I have started learning how to kite. Kiting on water is still a challenge for me, but it's a different story when it comes to snow. Two years ago, my friends and I rented a minivan and went to Haugastøl, Norway - a popular spot for snow kiters since it's where the biggest snow kite race, Red Bull Ragnarok, takes place. The views were breathtaking - it was almost like a huge dessert, only with snow all over. We kited, snowboarded, and had a great time. 

I am a co-owner of SAP Riga Group. If you are from Latvia or the Baltics, please feel free to join us there.

Desktop_pictogram.png
What is your area of expertise?
What does a usual day at work look like for you?

I began my career in SAP development in 2009 as an ABAP developer. During this time, I developed ALVs, Smartforms, WebDynpro ABAP, and more. After a while, I transitioned to SAPUI5 and now I am focused on SAP BTP and CAP developments. 

Currently, I have a diverse role that includes providing technical and solution leadership, mentoring others, and being a subject matter expert in SAP BTP and CAP. Additionally, I help build products. My position is both interesting and challenging. Every day brings something new and exciting, and I am always up for the challenge. 

inspiration_pictogram.png
What inspired you to become an SAP Champion in SAP Community?

My active participation in the SAP community dates back to the days of the SAP Community Network. I actively engaged in solving various SAPUI5-related issues, offering help to fellow community members, and attended various SAP Inside Tracks, even the first SAPUI5 conference in Germany (year 2016).  

A funny moment occurred when my colleague and I faced a difficult problem and had a hard time solving it. We turned to the SAP Community Network for help, and to our surprise, we stumbled upon the exact same issue which had already been tackled and resolved – drum roll – by me a few years earlier. We both smiled and solved the issue. 

With a desire to strengthen my connections beyond the online realm, I decided to meet my SAP friends in person. Using my own savings, I attended almost all SAP Inside Track events across Europe. During one of these events, I had the pleasure of meeting Craig Cmehil, VP and Head of SAP Community & Influencers. He inspired me a lot, and this inspiration resulted in me being the SAP Champion. 

bullet_list_pictogram.png
How do you learn in SAP Community?
What is your daily/weekly routine in SAP Community?

I always keep blogs.sap.com and groups.community.sap.com open in my browser. Recently, I started using RSS feeds and subscribed to SAP Developer News on YouTube as part of the "SAP Developer Challenge – APIs.” 

circles_pictogram.png
What is your suggestion to get the most out of SAP Community?

Remember to subscribe to the correct tags, and don't hesitate to share your knowledge. However, make sure that your contributions are not easily found on help.sap.com or duplicating existing blog posts. Be active and visible in the community. I recommend also following SAP Developer Advocates and joining SAP Groups in your area. If no group exists, you can always request to create one. And most importantly, have fun! 

Arrow_pictogramm_new.pngA question from Vladimirs to you:
If you are interested in Latvian SAP Community, SAP BTP, or SAP CAP, or maybe you will visit Latvia soon and would like to know the best places to see, feel free to reach out to me in the comments below.

Labels in this area
Top kudoed authors