SAP Learning Blog Posts
Get updates on SAP learning journeys and share your own experiences by contributing a blog post to the SAP Learning group.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member

Over the last couple of months many of you have raised questions like “How can I prepare for my certification exam?” or “What kind of questions will be asked during an exam?” and “Which training should I attend in order to get ready for a specific certification?” .

Drawing on insights and experiences gained as a member of SAP Education’s global certification team, I would like to share with you here a brief guide I put together which I hope will help you find all the relevant information you need to successfully prepare for an exam.

The first thing you should do before you bury your head in your books is to have a look at our training and certification shop. Once you have chosen the exam you would like to take, the web shop gives you such helpful information as the number of exam questions, duration of the exam, which areas you will be tested on, and recommended course work and content you can reference.

Here are five simple steps that will help you to gather all relevant information you need for your exam preparation:

1. Find the right level of certification

You can either take an associate or professional certification exam. Associate certifications are for those who are new to SAP solutions. Professional certifications require proven project experience and a more detailed understanding of SAP solutions. Descriptions of each level are available here.

2. Find the right exam

Here are some useful tips for easy navigation in the web shop:

Start your search directly in the certification web shop.

You can browse through our catalogue and search for specific exams by solution.

If you know the exact exam code for a specific exam, you can also use the search field.

Select your country and language to get all relevant information for your location.

3. Consider training

Are you new to your chosen field? Training courses can help you to pass associate level exams, and SAP Education provides various training options. You can choose between classroom training (live or virtual), e-learning courses, and many more. Here you can find an overview of the different training options.

Not sure if you have taken all relevant training courses? For each exam, you can find the related training courses on the exam site.

Please note, if you prepare for a professional level exam the indicated exam-related training classes serve as refresher or foundations courses, but they are not sufficient for exam preparation. Candidates must also acquire ample practical experience in order to increase their chances of passing the certification exam.

Do you already have hands-on experience with a particular solution, or do you want to upgrade your certification to the latest release? SAP Education’s Learning Hub might be an option to help you to prepare for your certification exam at your own pace. As a subscriber to the SAP Learning Hub you have access to all relevant training materials and you can benefit from the Learning Rooms for your exam preparation. Learning rooms are virtual learning spaces that guide you through all the training related to the specific certification exam. They also offer supplementary materials. Learning Rooms are led by SAP's top instructors who help you with your learning and preparation and provide answers to your questions.

4. Locate the syllabus

In order to get an idea about which topics are important for your certification, you should review the syllabus. You can find an overview of the related topics on the certification site. Prepare for the exam based on the weighted value for each topic in the exam Topic Areas. 

5. Sample questions

For most exams, SAP Education provides sample questions; these are actual questions asked during past exams, so they are representative of the questions asked during a live exam. You can find the sample exam questions under the Certification Details for each exam.

I hope that these five steps will help you to get started with your exam preparation. So you’ve heard a lot from me here, but all of us in the global certification team are also interested in your opinion on this topic. What are your experiences with taking certification exams? What do you think is the best way to prepare for one?

It would be great to hear about your personal experience, plus any tips and tricks you would like to share with the community. If you need a bit of inspiration, have a look at the blog written recently by independent consultant and SAP Mentor Tom Cenens, in which he shared with us his experience preparing for the SAP HANA certification.

Feel free to share your thoughts with the community – we look forward to hearing from you!

Useful Links

255 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi

You have been a great help

Best regards

Ritu

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

I got this information about Delta course in EAM DPM65 - Enhancements in Enterprise Asset Management ERP 6.0 EHP 1-5

Was looking at     https://training.sap.com/AE/EN/search?Delivery=certification but didnt find any relevant certification exam code in this list. Let me know if any certification exist only for delta course as i already hold a certification in this module of previous versions.

Thanks

Murad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

I would like to know if the certification/exam questions will be different for DIFFERENT REGIONS or same on a given day say Feb 27th there is a certification exam for C_TADM51702. Will the questions be different if i take in Malaysia compared to India.

Thanks n Regards,

Shyam

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's an odd question - why are you asking? As far as I understand it, the test questions are randomly generated for each candidate, so they will be different in the SAME REGION as well as for DIFFERENT REGIONS.

cheers

Paul

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam,

You should NOT much worry about the questions that are generated by the system. It does not really matter whether you take exam in India or Malaysia or any other part of the world. They are really not in your control. You should get in a position to pass the exam wherever the exam is whatever be the difficulty level is. Therefore, you must concentrate to brush your fundamental knowledge on the subject, rather than worrying on the pattern / difficulty of the questions.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

PS: Read the curriculum books as much as you can before going to exams.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

Thanks! It has helped me a lot.

regards,

Giovanni

Former Member
0 Kudos

This guide is a start.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin

Helpful tips. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin

I wish to go for a SAP SD certification, would you kindly give me the preparation links and the link where I can find the previous exam questions and prepare for certification.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

Can you please tell me about the FICO certification exam. Which exam i have to pass for both FI & CO

Regards

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohit,

Please follow

https://training.sap.com

You need to pass FI and CO separately. They are no longer a single exam.

However, I would suggest go with FI and then have couple of year experience, still you are interested, go for CO. Going for everything at one time may not be a wise advise.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member11522
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

I need a little help. Where can I find the "assigned" or related courses? See: https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/c_tbit51_731-sap-certified-technology-associate---proces...

Or is "curriculum maps" the correct word? But i can`t find them anymore.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The theme of the website is changed.

Please open the topic which shows the percentage, then you will get the curriculum books required would appear.

For example, click on "Overview and Basic Concepts", then it would explode to show the details of curriculum with links. When you click on the curriculum it would take you to the further details of that course.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Very Nice and helpful Information

ricardocarrega_filho
Participant
0 Kudos

Very helpful post. I've been preparing for a certification myself and this information will surely be of great help.

Regards,

Ricardo

former_member199306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

thanks for uploading such informative document.

regards,

bhupendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Katrin,

Nice article. Explains the process of SAP certification very well.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the explanation! I look forward to applying for my certifications in SAP.

Hugs,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shall we get modal questions before the certification exam?

Thanks

KML

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you should. Practicing on model questions is the best way to prepare for the test.

The SAP Education website usually has a few sample questions for each exam.

cheers

Paul

sunny_13
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I was planning for the certification on Technical Architect having around 10 years of experience as a Basis Administrator. However, the certification seems to have been retired last year..could you suggest any other one in its place?

Thanks,

Subhrajit

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhrajit,

Please check

https://training.sap.com

All the latest Certifications are updated here.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, The simple and best way to pass out is doing practice exam at http://sapcertifications.ol-edu.com Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katrin,

Thanks you for your sharing knowledge to us. I want to ask you about where can i get sample questions as you mention No(5). for TB_1200. Now, I'm preparing to sit TB_1200.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the specific course name If I'd like to appear for exam for SAP SD Functional consultant. I am unable to find that, please help, thanks

former_member186882
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Very helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin

Thanks for posting such a excellent note

I am very interested in taking SAP Certified Application Professional - Financial
Accounting with SAP ERP 6.0 EhP6 certification exam
. Would you kindly share the guidance and if possible the preparation material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

The certification is termed as successful ONLY if the person had achieved pass% individually in each "Topic Area", Its not a cumulative total.

Please confirm

regards,

Rv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rv,

The cut-off score is the lowest possible score on a complete exam that a test taker must earn to pass the test. As it counts for the complete exam you don't need to achieve this score for every singel topic. Hope this helps!

Katrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Katrin,

You mean "you must not achieve this score for every single topic"

regards,

Rv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rv,

sorry for the misunderstanding. You do NOTneed to achieve this score for every single topic.

An example:

• The cut score for an 80 question exam is 60%
  • You need to answer 48 questions correctly in total (not 60% for every single topic)

Best

Katrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

Thanks for sharing a lot of information. Information is Wealth :smile: .

Need a small info, currently I am appearing for C_BOBIP_41 certification. So I just want to know is their any website, where can test knowledge by appearing some mock tests.

Many thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

I am a SAP HCM certified associate i have 5 years of HR experience presently iam working in Qatar as HR officer ,i would like to do SAP professional certification in Work force Process Management kindly advice the eligible criteria for doing professional certification and authorized certification center in Doha(Qatar).

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

I have been working on SAP PSCD for quite some times. So, I want to appear for a certification examination on it. After checking out in training.sap.com I found out that there is a 5 days Instructor Led Course for that (IPS510).

My question is, does this course have a following examination and if I attend the classroom session, will I get a certification on it?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Bodhisattwa Roy

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bodhisattwa,

It may not be realistically possible to update what the evaluation criteria in each country. The evaluation criteria is different in each country. In the first place, I would advise you to contact your local SAP Education, they would be able to advise you.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this valuable info , will inform you once i got it .

shamsul_arfeen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

Great guide, thanks!. The last steps is to book an exam, how would we do that? I don't find any link to book an exam. Please advise.

Thanks,

Arfeen

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi katrin,

Nice article,Very helpful and thanks a lot for updating about the SAP certification Exam

Regards

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Katrin

How do I search for Master Data Governance/Master Data Management?

Regards

Bernard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katrin,

Thanks for all your responses.

Just identified C_TBW45_70 as the right certification for me.

I have 5 years BI experience with hands on SAP . I am very vast in all the knowledge areas specified in the curriculum. I'm certain that I'll pass the certification exam.

I want to practice a couple of SAP materials on my own without any additional class trainer, get the exam voucher on sap shop and schedule the exam.

Is this possible?

- Chinedu

0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

I just loved your blog! just great.

quick question: I have 15-years on SAP. always hands-on ABAP (10) and SAP BI-BW(10). currently I am looking for a initial certification to put me in SAP HANA. I've
been doing my homework already. just wondering if you have any tip, especially
about Associate and Professional versions. I understand you said associate
would be for beginners, however I just need a initial bump and then I will be looking
for professional, such as BW on HANA, ABAP, UI5.. so many options . I already
have both ABAP and Netweaver certifications. Just would like to know what you
think.

Thank you.

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish to seek your kind advice. I would like to take SAP course - Basics of Customizing for Financial Accounting: General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable (AC200E). I am not sure if its a good course for application in finance. I my area of work I work on General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Clearing, and Accounts Payable.

Your kind advice is highly appreciated.

best regards.

0 Kudos

good work... though I am certified in few SAP areas but I still read it once before I start for a new certification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. I have a doubt.. whether or not questions are asked from Appendix of the study materials in SAP Certification.

I will be giving my SAP PS C_TPLM22_64 certifiation, without any training.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katrin,

thanks for such useful article, after completing the SAP BOBJ Web intelligence C_BOWI_41 certification, what would be suitable HANA BO certification, if you could guide for certification exam no / certification details link ?

thanks & Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

I gonna take EC certification. Is it a requirement do the EC Academy? If not where I can find the material of that course?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

I was reading your blog and checking all about the certification process and I was wondering if it is mandatory to take the SuccessFactors Academy in order to apply for a certification Exam?, I'm asking this because I've already have experience working in some modules and I'm feel prepared to take the exam without take the academy, is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carolina,

Some time ago I did a different certification and I didn't take any Academy or class in order to apply for a certification, and I got it.

You need to make sure or be aware of all topics being tested.

Regards and good luck

Reinaldo Nunez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin

In the training class (C_SM100_718- Solution Manager Configuration for Operations-SP12) i was taken through chapter: End 2 End Diagnosis, but this was not shown in the exam topic areas, so does it mean i can leave this chapter for my Certification preparation and concentrate on other topics that are specified in the exam topic area.

I mean to say in training sessions we have gone through 20 chapters,in the exam topic area only shows 14 chapters...if i go through that 14 chapters will it be enough  for the Certification exam.

Link for Training Topics:

https://training.sap.com/shop/course/sm100-sap-solution-manager-configuration-for-operations-classro...

Link for Exam Topic Area:

https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/c_sm100_718-sap-certified-technology-associate---sap-sol...

Kindly clarify on this.

Kind Regards,

Phaneendra K