Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with HelloWorldAPI and others

mphlippen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

in journey "Developing with SAP Integration Suite", unit 2 "Introducing iPaaS", lesson "Positioning of the Integration Suite From a More Technical Perspective", Task 2, step 3b it is said that "Within this smoke test, an API with HelloWorldAPI will be created."

However, this isn't explained anywhere. In the next steps (and units) there are references to this HelloWorldAPI and it's assumed that the API exists, but it's nowhere actually explained how to create it. Thus the next steps, lessons and units cannot be executed. I tried, but at the latest in unit "Managing APIs", lesson "Creating an API provider" I hit a wall.

First, while creating "MyAPIProvider" there is no information given about what data to _actually_ use in this case for the purpose of the lesson and second, the actual Exercise, taks 1, says: "In any case, you should see the HelloWorldAPI. This was created when API management was configured for testing purposes."

I double-checked all previous units and lessons in case I've overlooked something but I couldn't find any explanation on how to actually create the HelloWorldAPI...

What am I missing?

Thanks & Regards,

Mark

View Entire Topic
sklawonn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi mphilippen,

the HelloWorlAPI is a API which will be created by activitating the capability API Management by setting up the config with the typically "smoke test".

If you don`t have one, don`t worry you can work with any API Proxy created by yourself.

Cheers

mphlippen
Explorer

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply. But how am I supposed to do that? It's nowhere explained but just assumed that there is something. I created the BTP (sub)account for this Learning journey and within that journey there's no "create an API" step (or at least it's not fully explained). I thought that's (part of) what I am supposed to learn here...

Note: At the beginning of this year I already had started with the journey but was interupted by some urgent stuff. In that version back then creating a Slack account and using the API from Slack was part of the journey. That part seems to be missing entirely now, so I'm a bit lost here...

Thanks & regards!

mphlippen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Please help 😞