Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"/DMO/AGENCY_D" is not a suitable draft persistency for "/DMO/R_AGENCYTP"

MartinKnechtel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am in Learning Journey "Acquiring Core ABAP Skills", Unit 7 "Database Updates Using Business Objects", last exercise "Modifying Data Using EML" (link)

[Update 2023-11-15: without me running anything, just freshly launching Eclipse and ADT, I see the syntax error already. Inserting Screenshot below.]

AGENCY_D.png

On execution I receive the following error. Looks like it has nothing to with my code. Is this because on Trial the ABAP Platform instance is shared and sb. could have broken the /DMO/R_AGENCYTYP?

"/DMO/AGENCY_D" is not a suitable draft persistency for "/DMO/R_AGENCY
TP" (there is a type mismatch in field "/DMO/ZZSLOGANZAG").

I use a BTP Trial account in US East (link)

My implementation code looks very similar to the code presented in the demo in that chapter and I cannot see why it should not be working. Here is my implementation.

METHOD if_oo_adt_classrun~main.

DATA update_tab TYPE TABLE FOR UPDATE /DMO/R_AgencyTP.

update_tab = VALUE #( ( agencyID = '070002' Name = 'Fligh High Martin' ) ).

MODIFY ENTITIES OF /DMO/R_AgencyTP
ENTITY /DMO/Agency
UPDATE FIELDS ( name )
WITH update_tab.

COMMIT ENTITIES.

out->write( `written to DB. Now check for updates.` ).

ENDMETHOD.

View Entire Topic
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The flight sample app is imported into the trial systems using the software management component apps after these systems have been setup.  

I checked the package and found that the import did not work correctly. The root cause is currently investigated. 

The namespace /DMO/ has been set to read only for these systems in order to stabilize the source code of the samples since the trial systems are shared systems and we do want to prevent that the sample code is being changed.

MartinKnechtel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thx @Andre_Fischer, please let me know when the root cause is found and import was successful. I will then tag your response as being the "Accepted Solution".
MartinKnechtel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi @Andre_Fischer has the root cause been found already?