cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up ABAP Cloud Project

vsp4btp
Explorer

1. I have created the ABAP Trial Instance in SAP BTP Cockpit and downloaded the Service Key.

2. I then went to Eclipse, selected New ABAP Cloud Project, selected "SAP BTP ABAP Environment" and then selected "Use a Service Key" option.

3. I then imported the Service Key obtained from SAP BTP Cockpit.

4. In the next page, I selected the option "Open Logon Page in Browser". And then, provided my login email ID and password. I got this message on the browser:
"You have been successfully logged on

You can close this page and continue in the ABAP Development Tools."

5. But, on the Eclipse screen, I am getting this message:
"You were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the Service Instance logon. Please ensure that you have a user for the Service Instance."

Unable to proceed from here. Please help with a solution.
Thank You.
Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @vsp4btp
We have received your request, our expert is currently looking into this and will revert to you.
Kind regards
Margit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChristianR
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello!

After the booster has run successfully the user is only Administrator on the ABAP instance.

It seems that you have forgotten to assign the developer role SAP_BR_DEVELOPER in ABAP dashboard. Pls check! It should be described in the manual.

Without there will be no access from Eclipse as developer.

HTH; BR; Christian

vsp4btp
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the reply, Christian. However, I feel this is certainly due to various authentication servers that SAP uses. It is very very frustrating many times. We are getting these sort of errors since the introduction of Universal ID concept. Even though there is one Universal ID, SAP maintains various databases or servers without details being in sync. you have account.sap.com. you have accounts.sap.com. then you have separate server for XSUAA authentication. then you have something else. Looks like there is no proper integration of these servers / databases.
vsp4btp
Explorer
0 Kudos
I referred to various solutions online, various blogs, various posts, etc. Nothing has helped me to overcome the problem.
vsp4btp
Explorer
0 Kudos
Finally, I have created a new User ID at SAP.com. A completely new User with no links to any previous personal ID or the work ID or the Universal ID. The, set up the BTP Trial account and ABAP instance with this new User ID. Now, I am able to establish TRL system on Eclipse and I am able to create ABAP on Cloud classes, etc.
vsp4btp
Explorer
0 Kudos
SAP has to seriously look into this Universal ID concept. Either get out of it or get one single Server / Database for authentication and role assignments.
ChristianR
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello @vsp4btp
ChristianR
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
yes, I must confirm the were repeated problems with authentication. It is good that you solved it anyway.
ChristianR
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
hopefully now you will enjoy the new ABAP

Answers (0)