SAP TechEd Blog Posts
Share your experiences about SAP TechEd: Write about your favorite sessions and other conference highlights.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Image by Arifur Rahman Tushar

When I was in kindergarten, my mum made me visit the “Musikalische Früherziehung” before going to school. It was a music course that brought me closer to rhythm, sounds and notes. From then on, music was always part of my life -- and my family's. With my parents both playing in bands and my brother being a DJ it’s almost strange that now I “just” enjoy listening to music. Okay, sometimes I like singing and dancing, but I don’t play an instrument now. I love exploring new sounds, receiving recommendations for artists who are unknown to me, exchanging music with others and enjoying the playlist that reflects my mood. Music helps me to instantly relax or focus, and most importantly to me, music is the language of the world that connects all people.

In a handful of days, something else will happen that will connect people: SAP TechEd in Las Vegas. Providing an intense and amazing time with lots of ways to learn new things and meet your community with experts and peers, SAP TechEd also benefits from music -- during the celebration night where people can party and dance.

But what if you didn't have to wait until the celebration night to chill out and listen to music? What if the SAP TechEd show floor itself had an area where you could enjoy songs while recharging yourself, calming down or mentally preparing for the next agenda stop…a place where you could relax and plug your playlist in to forget the crowd, exchanging songs with other attendees?

For those of you coming to Las Vegas, yes, there will be such a place: the Plug Your Playlist area within the SAP Community Lounge (one of the many cool activities happening in the Developer Garage!). Not only will you be able to hang out there and listen to your own favorite music, you'll be able to share it with other attendees -- and hear their playlists as well -- so we can all contribute to one cool Community playlist!

Never built and shared a playlist before? Well here are some tips to get you started before you pay us a visit next week.

As I mentioned earlier. I love exploring new sounds and exchanging music with others, so I've gotten to know about different music platforms and ways how to easily share songs and playlists with others. There is for example Apple music, where once you have purchased and downloaded songs or playlists to your Apple device, you can share those by selecting from various options or by using Airdrop if both parties own an Apple device:

1. Tap on the “share” button:

2. Select how you want to share it:

But what I find quite brilliant and easy to handle is the way how Spotify lets you share music with your Android phone or iPhone.

No matter if it is a playlist, song, artist or album, within the app you can create a code that lets you share it with others in seconds. All you need to do is click on the three dots next to what you would like to share and a code appears. The other person can then scan the code with the in-app scanner on the Spotify-app by clicking on the camera sign in the search bar and listen to it immediately on her own smartphone. While this video shows perfectly how it works, here is a quick explanation:

1. Tap on the three dots:

2. The Spotify code will be displayed:

If you are curious what others listen to, you can scan the code on someone else’s phone by tapping on the search icon:

and then the camera:

Yes, it’s that easy. Especially because streaming music with Spotify is free (unless you have a premium account).

So, find some time in Vegas next week to plug your playlist in a dedicated area on the show floor, dance or relax, share your favorite music with others and be part of creating the SAP TechEd playlist of the year! If you’re on-site, you will be able to listen into the playlist or add to it.

And even if you’re not attending SAP TechEd, I welcome you to get connected with others and share your favorite song in a comment below. I’ll make sure it gets added to the playlist, because it’s so easy. ?

And my favorite song for SAP TechEd is…
9 Comments
craigcmehil
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
There are soooooo many to choose from well I guess I have a couple of days to decide!
david_ruizb
Contributor

Hey Mynyna ! Looking forward to share music also at TechEd BCN! ?

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Any chance you share a public playlist link ?
mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
It doesn't have to be one favorite song, you can share as many as you like here !
mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Not yet, but soon 😉
akpetteroe2
Active Participant
I hope you are doing this in Barcelona as well? ?
sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Very nice initiative. My favorite songs from SAP TechEd Las Vegas 2018 were:

• Holy Grail (Tribute to Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake)

• A Light That Never Comes (Linkin Park, Steve Aoki)

• Story of my life (One Direction)

When I hear them today, it still reminds me of my fantastic first SAP TechEd Las Vegas last year!

I would be honored to see these on the playlist 🙂

Everyone enjoy LV now!
mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
They are in the playlist now 🙂
0 Kudos
My brother is a DJ too. And when I look at what he does in a DAW chopping samples, editing those and creating really interesting sounds from scratch I really think that what he does is much more complicated than my job.