SAP TechEd Blog Posts
Share your experiences about SAP TechEd: Write about your favorite sessions and other conference highlights.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

November is just around the corner and while Devtoberfest is slowly coming to an end, the next great event is already on the horizon: SAP TechEd! This year, the annual gathering will take place on November 2 and 3, offering developers the opportunity to explore innovations in application development, generative AI, and much more. There are plenty of options to be a part of this exciting event. Whether you choose to attend SAP TechEd in Bangalore or participate virtually, be sure to sign up today to be among the first to learn about the latest innovations!  

To help you navigate the event, I've curated a list of my top three picks for onsite sessions at SAP TechEd Bangalore, with a heavy focus on the ABAP developer of course. If you're attending the immersive, fun, and educational experience in India, make sure to connect directly with SAP experts, industry influencers, and our vast developer community onsite. Additionally, don't miss out on these exciting sessions: 

1. AD164 - Introduction of ABAP Cloud for Use by Classic ABAP Developers: This session is a must-attend for any developer coming from the classic ABAP world, and looking to upskill to the new ABAP Cloud development model. 
  2. AD260 - Building SAP Fiori Apps with ABAP Cloud on SAP BTP, ABAP Environment: This session is very close to my heart as it covers my favorite topics, ABAP Cloud and the ABAP RESTful Application Programming model (RAP).  Join this session to get familiar with RAP in general, as well as specific features like late numbering and how to leverage business events in your RAP Business Objects.  
  3. AD267 - Extending with ABAP Cloud and SAP Cloud Application Programming Model: Application extensibility is a super important topic to SAP and to our customers and partners, whether it be on-stack or side-by-side.  Join this hands-on session to get a sense of how we can extend our applications using both ABAP Cloud and RAP and the SAP Cloud Application Programming model (CAP).  

And if you want to get a little taste of many developer topics in one place, make sure to visit the Developer Garage on the show floor where we will have the App Space running. Attendees can complete various tutorials and earn free swag! Who doesn’t love swag?! Plus you may get to meet one of your favorite SAP Developer Advocates who might be hanging around, so check it out!  

For those opting for SAP TechEd Virtual this year, I have some great recommendations that you shouldn't miss: 

1. DT103V - Extensibility with ABAP Cloud for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition & DT200v – Extensibility with ABAP Cloud for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition: As I mentioned, extensibility is critical to the success of our products, and the options for extensibility in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition are a little different than the options we have in the public edition, so we’ve put together two separate sessions to cover both scenarios. In these sessions, you will learn how we can leverage ABAP Cloud to create our extensions quickly and easily and of course following clean core principles.    
  2. KEY200 – Developer Keynote But let’s not forget about the Developer Keynote! So, a little bit of self-promotion never hurts right? Seriously folks, you are not going to want to miss this session. Our Developer Advocates team will be showing off some of the latest and greatest innovations happening at SAP, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the SAP Community with a fun storyline, as well as announcing the winners of our 4th annual Devtoberfest event which has just wrapped. Whether you are on-site in Bangalore or watching from home, it will be an awesome show for sure! 

If you're unable to make it to Bangalore but still want to experience the event with others, join our dedicated "watch-and-code" meetups. These half-day, in-person events will be held in 11 different locations worldwide, fostering collaboration, knowledge sharing, and engagement. It's a fantastic opportunity to come together, network, learn, and code!  

Before the event kicks off, I recommend visiting the SAP TechEd Learning zone where you can find tailored learning resources for all the hottest SAP TechEd topics and tracks. My favourite right now is the Application Development and Automation track where you can find most of the relevant topics for pro-code developers. So go check it out! 

One last thing: Don’t forget to claim your exclusive 25% discount on your next SAP Certification exam purchase – SAP’s giving them away for every SAP TechEd registrant, so make sure to be one of them! 

See you in Bangalore, or virtually on-line!

1 Comment
Sandra_Solis
Participant

Woow Rich this is an excelent post !!! I didn't know what to see, and this is an excelent guide. Thanks for sharing !!!!