SAP Women in Tech Blog Posts
Join the SAP Women in Tech group to share your experiences and connect with the community. Read and write blog posts to learn from and inspire colleagues and peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member5426
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Remember when back at school, as a little kid people would ask you: What do you want to do when you are grown up? I am assuming for most of us the answer was very straight forward. Something along the lines of astronaut, fire- fighter or a vet. We were sure about what we wanted to do. No matter how dreamy or unlikely the prospects were of actually going to space one day.

A few years later in high school, knowing what you wanted to do after graduation was a little more difficult. And frankly the most annoying question I was constantly confronted with during that time. But that was not the end. For me especially choosing what I wanted to study and then later deciding on a career was tough. Because nothing ever seemed as straight forward to me than it did when I was a child. On a side note. As a child I wanted to become a marine biologist. Instead, I started studying Art History. So, from personal experience I know how challenging it can be to forget your professional path in life. 15 years ago, I would have never thought that I would end up in the tech industry.

Most of you will probably remember Julia’s great post on what sparked everyone’s interest in the tech industry. It eventually led to a beautiful story collection of our community members’ paths into the tech industry. And while I did not share my personal story back then, I was recently lucky enough to do so as part of a great podcast with the incredible Ronke Babajide.

If you want to find out more about why I ended up in Tech and learn a little bit more about SAP Women in Tech, and why we consider every woman who works in the tech industry to be a woman in tech, I highly recommend you listen to Women in Technology Spotlight with Ronke.

In addition to that I would also love to hear more about your personal and unique ways into the tech world. And I am especially curious what you wanted to become when you were a child. 😊

Let me know!

1 Comment