SAP Women in Tech Blog Posts
Join the SAP Women in Tech group to share your experiences and connect with the community. Read and write blog posts to learn from and inspire colleagues and peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shilpa_Shankar
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Feb 11th marks the International Day of Women and Girls in Science. Have you ever wondered why we need to explicitly celebrate these events and encourage more women to strive in technology?

Firstly, this certainly raises awareness and highlights the importance of diversity in Science and Technology filed.

Secondly, such events provide a platform to address the challenges that women face globally and a common platform to share our experiences. These challenges can include gender bias, unequal opportunities, and workplace culture to be an inclusive environment.

Well, what better than a round table discussion involving Women Developer Advocates at SAP come together to share their insights and strategies for overcoming these challenges. It would allow participants to support and learn from one another, while also showcasing the diverse talents and perspectives of women in technology.

Watch out for the discussion by @noravonthenen @sheenamk @MichelleMoudy @Rekha_DR @Shilpa_Shankar moderated by @qmacro 

3 Comments
Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks for the important info! 

Sandra_Solis
Participant

Thanks for inspiring all the women !!! I loved this talk 🥳🥰👏👏👏

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Great talk! Thanks so much for initiating this and for sharing all of your insights, ladies!

I love your story with your child @noravonthenen, and I totally agree! There need to be flexibility and I am glad, we have that at SAP! 🙂

@sheenamk I like the idea of inviting girls into the companies to find out more about it. In Germany, SAP is exactly doing that! SAP is part of the Girls' Day, which is on April 24 this year.  (website is in German). I presented there my job as a Community Advocate the last years. It's a great opportunity for female pupils to come to visit SAP and get to learn different jobs. They get also a tour and can socialize with the presenters during lunch. I love this experience and I am glad to be part of it again this year.

Top kudoed authors