SAP Women in Tech Blog Posts
Join the SAP Women in Tech group to share your experiences and connect with the community. Read and write blog posts to learn from and inspire colleagues and peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahborda1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello community! 

I hope you are all having a great start to 2023!

At SAP Women in Tech, I started a program called Young Africans in Tech that has been running for over a year now, how time flies! And I am sure some of you have seen the events posted in connection to the program, but as we are starting a new year, I wanted to briefly re-introduce you to the program.

Young Africans in Tech started with 2 goals. 1) Promote black women in tech and promote their achievements and contributions to the industry, and 2) inspire young black people to see this industry as one worth venturing into. As I always say, tech is building our future, therefore we need equal representation in order to build a future for everyone and not just a select few. 

The program operates through 3 pillars: learning, growing, and uniting.

Learning: Through our sessions and events hosted by inspiring black women who speak on different topics, we give our young #blackintech community a chance to interact with amazing black women in tech from around the world, learn from them, get inspired by them, and grow together. 

Growing: Through our mentorship program, we offer young people a chance to get guidance and support from our exceptional mentors who have vast experience in both the tech industry and other industries. 

Uniting: Through our quarterly networking sessions, we want young people across the world and in different sectors to come together, exchange ideas, motivate each other, and network. In this pillar, we also highlight young black women at SAP through quarterly spotlight posts, which you can watch here! Our women talk about their passion for tech, how they plan to use tech to further excel their communities, and much more.

Our 3 pillars are based on expression, passion, and knowledge sharing, and we welcome speakers from all over the world to take part, and as I mentioned before, we also welcome everyone to join our sessions! If you would like to be a speaker, mentor, mentee, or join our networking sessions, reach out! And you can find more information on our site.

Top kudoed authors