cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ariba CIG and SAP Cloud Platform (BTP)

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Based on many blogs from SAP and help documents, it is called out that CIG enabled by SAP Cloud platform Integration, Is CIG resides on any BTP (old SCP) or any specific location of SAP Cloud? For one of our client, we have SAP BTP cloud integration suite for integrations and Ariba B&I in scope for procurement with CIG. In order to clarify which SAP Cloud, CIG resides any information will be helpful.

Thanks

VG

gabrielmendes
Advisor
Advisor

Hi, when you as a customer enable CIG, it activates a P-User and a customer access to SAP existing BTP subaccounts (https://help.sap.com/docs/ARIBA_CIG/63a2629582ae40f1b7ff0f8b9b9b1c6f/47d62a7c3d974efc9d617c23302f096b.html?q=subaccount) with a CIG user interface where you only see your projects and your messages.

Those subaccounts are maintained by SAP, you don't need to set up your own BTP account for this, this is handled by SAP Ariba.

What you do is configure Cloud Connector to those subaccounts with your P-user so you can receive the integrations from CIG.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amontella96
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vgoel

the topic is not very clear from internet blogs so I understand your confusion... Here is my answer:

- yes , when you activate CIG from ariba administration, it create it on a BTP (ex SCP) account but you won't manage the account as you to normally for BTP (ex SCP) integration suite

- between the lines, i think you want to know also how CIG interface to your on-prems, you will need a cloud connector configured particularly for CIG (there is a dedicated documentation for this) and you will be able to expose resources as you do for BTP

I hope this is exaustive , if yes please mark it as answered, cheers!A

0 Kudos

Thanks Amo ntella for quick response,

When you say "it create on a BTP (ex SCP) account but you won't manage the account"

So is this BTP cloud information managed by SAP or Ariba Cloud team ? And Is there any information available for this BTP to understand the difference between normal BTP (integration suite) vs CIG created on BTP.

Regards

VG

amontella96
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vgoel i think gabrielmendes replied to you about latest? Long story short, you don't need to be worried about the BTP related to CIG ... please close the thread if it answered your questions. A

SaurabhGupta19
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is SAP Ariba a part of BTP solution? if not, can CIG be used to connect SAP Ariba with BTP? What are the pre-requisites?

Also, is there any other simple way of linking the two?

Regards,

Saurabh