cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force template on RFx creation

martin_schffler
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to force the users to use a template when creating an RFx?

Or is it possible to make a RFx template the default so that if no template was selected the default template gets used automatically?

Thanks,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

If i understood your requirement correctly, If you want to force users should use only RFx template to create RFx then you can inactive RFX document types in system. Then when users try to create RFX they will have only 'From Template' option.

I didn't find any possible way to make any RFx template default.

Regards,

Lava

martin_schffler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lava,

This is an interesting approach to the issue and it indeed forces the users to choose a template.

But what other consequences does this have?

One that comes to mind is that for creating new templates we have to temporarily activate the type(s) again. That of course is a very infrequent task.

But are there other issues caused by the type to be inactive?

In addition it seems like a bug that templates based on inactive types can still be used. So I am a bit cautious to rely on this.

Regards,

Martin

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

There shouldn't be any impact in using inactivated document types. We have been using such a setup for a couple of years now for Master Agreements. PS: I hope SAP doesn't classify this as a bug

Regarding the default template for "Create RFx", that is definitely not possible, because the transitional Bo used (400) is actually generic. We cannot hook anything to it (like PageCust or ScriptDef) because rendering the page is done in the source code.

Regards,

Bogdan

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Actually when you do the setup as Bogdan has mentioned, inactivate the doc types and this is done numerous times already with different companies (so no risk) you can only continue when you have selected a template in the wizard so indirectly you force the users to choose a template.

Erik

Answers (0)