Supply Chain Management Blogs by Members
Learn about SAP SCM software from firsthand experiences of community members. Share your own post and join the conversation about supply chain management.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewmbee786
Participant
EWM- Put away rules – General storage Area.

Introduction:  One of the warehouse requirement is , in one of the storage type  any product with any qty should be able to put away in a single bin.

Basically, we allow mixed storage with unlimited capacity to a bin.

We  fulfil the above requirements through one of the options from storage control parameters called Put away rules- General storage area

Configuration steps:

1. Define storage type (AK97)

2. Define storage bin type (A97)

3. Generate Activity Area (AK97)

4. Bin Sorting -> /N/SCWM/SBST

5. Define Warehouse process Type (W97)

6. Define control indicators for determining warehouse process types (PTDI: 97)

7. Determine warehouse process type.

8. Define put away control indicator (PA97)

9. Define storage type search sequence for put away (ST97)

10. Assign storage types to storage type search sequence.

11. Specify storage type search sequence for put away.

Testing:

1. Material master (MM01)

2. Create purchase order (ME21N)

3. Create inbound delivery against to PO -(VL31N)

4. Process the Inbound delivery -> (/N/SCWM/PRDI)

5. Create Put away task

6. Confirm Put away task.

1.Define storage type (AK97)

PATH: SPRO-> IMG -> SCM EXTENED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT -> EWM -> MASTER DATA -> DEFINE STORAGE TYPE

2.Define storage bin type (A97)

PATH: SPRO-> IMG -> SCM EXTENED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT -> EWM -> MASTER DATA -> STORAGE BIN -> DEFINE STORAGE BIN TYPE

1. Generate Activity Area (AK97)

PATH: SPRO-> REF IMG-> SCM EWM-> EWM-> MASTER DATA-> ACTIVITY AREAS->  GENERATE ACTIVITY AREA FROM STORAGE TYPE

1. Bin Sorting -> /N/SCWM/SBST

5.Define Warehouse process Type (W97)

PATH:

SPRO-> IMG -> SCM EXTENED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT -> EWM -> CROSS PROCESS SETTING-> WAREHOUSE TASK -> DEFINE WAREHOUSE PROCESS TYPE

1. Define control indicators for determining warehouse process types (PTDI: 97)

PATH:

SPRO-> IMG -> SCM EXTENED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT -> EWM -> CROSS PROCESS SETTING->WAREHOUSE TASK -> DEFINE CONTROL INDICATORS FOR DETERMINING WAREHOUSE PROCESS TYPES

7.Determine warehouse process type

PATH:

SPRO-> IMG -> SCM EXTENED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT -> EWM -> CROSS PROCESS SETTING->WAREHOUSE TASK -> DETERMINE WAREHOUSE PROCESS TYPE

1. Material master (MM01)—5760,5769 &5770.

1. Define put away control indicator (PA97)

PATH: SPRO-> IMG -> SCM EXTENED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT -> EWM ->GOODS RECEIPT PROCESS-> STRATEGIES-> STORAGE TYPE SEARCH-> DEFINE PUTAWAY CONTROL INDICATOR

10.Create Product master->(/N/SCWM/MAT1)

11.Define put away strategies

Define storage type search sequence for put away (ST97)

PATH:

SPRO-> IMG -> SCM EXTENED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT -> EWM ->GOODS RECEIPT PROCESS-> STRATEGIES-> STORAGE TYPE SEARCH->DEFINE STORAGE TYPE SEARCH SEQUENCE FOR PUTAWAY

12.Assign storage types to storage type search sequence

PATH: SPRO-> IMG -> SCM EXTENED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT -> EWM ->GOODS RECEIPT PROCESS-> STRATEGIES-> STORAGE TYPE SEARCH->ASSIGN STORAGE TYPES TO STORAGE TYPE SEARCH SEQUENCE

13.Specify storage type search sequence for put away

PATH: SPRO-> IMG -> SCM EXTENED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT -> EWM ->GOODS RECEIPT PROCESS-> STRATEGIES-> STORAGE TYPE SEARCH->SPECIFY STORAGE TYPE SEARCH SEQUENCE FOR PUTAWAY

TESTING:

1.Create purchase order (ME21N) ---- 4500003439

2.Create   inbound delivery against to PO- (VL31N) ---- 180003443

3.Process Inbound delivery in EWM  -> (/N/SCWM/PRDI) -----180003281

4.Create Put away task

If you see in below screen shot all products are moving in to one storage bin that is AK97-01-01. So our requirement is fulfilled by all products could be able to put away in a single with – General storage area filed.

Conclusion: I hope your understood the Put away rule- General storage area field application through above scenarios.

Thanks for reading please comment.

Regards

Rohela Khan (RK)

2 Comments
JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know what "AK97" refers to - but if you do not enforce HUs (HU Requirement = space) and also do not allow Addition to Stock (Addn.Stock Forbidden = X) - you won't come very far with this storage type. Because you can putaway each product once (before you can putaway the same product again, the existing quant must be removed / picked).

It also should be mentioned that mixed storage must be allowed (the field is not visible on the screenshot, and obviously it is, otherwise the three products would not go in the same bin - but nevertheless it is important (it is mentioned in the introduction text)).

Step 9 and 13 are the same (definition of the PACI).

You either do step 6 (use a control indicator to determine a special WPT and use this for the storage type search sequence) or 9 (use a PACI) - no need to shoot the horse twice.

What is step 3 and 4 for? I mean, I think it is clear that it does not play any role here whatsoever? So why do it (and the assignment of bins is actually missing - Edit: OK, the assignment is done automatically through the generation of the AA - still the question remains)?

Brgds

Juergen

---
All the above is no official SAP statement.

Want to learn EWM?
Check for EWM courses: https://training.sap.com/trainingpath/Applications-Extended+Warehouse+Management-EWM+in+S4HANA
Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!
And if your question includes the word "transfer order" - do NOT tag the question with Extended Warehouse Management!

ewmbee786
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Jurgen,

thanks for identifying the mistakes

I don't know what "AK97" refers to - but if you do not enforce HUs (HU Requirement = space) and also do not allow Addition to Stock (Addn.Stock Forbidden = X) - you won't come very far with this storage type. Because you can putaway each product once (before you can putaway the same product again, the existing quant must be removed / picked).-------

A: Rectified, yes you are right.

It also should be mentioned that mixed storage must be allowed (the field is not visible on the screenshot, and obviously it is, otherwise the three products would not go in the same bin - but nevertheless it is important (it is mentioned in the introduction text)).---

A: now this screen shot also added in the blog, it was enabled for mixed storage .

Step 9 and 13 are the same (definition of the PACI).

A: --removed duplication

You either do step 6 (use a control indicator to determine a special WPT and use this for the storage type search sequence) or 9 (use a PACI) - no need to shoot the horse twice.

A: with PACI and WPT combination to determination STSS wont harm to determine the correct STSS.

What is step 3 and 4 for? I mean, I think it is clear that it does not play any role here whatsoever? So why do it (and the assignment of bins is actually missing - Edit: OK, the assignment is done automatically through the generation of the AA - still the question remains)?

A: I took these steps to determine the Queue, yes since not showing any RF steps not mandatory to show.

Thanks for valuable input Jurgen.
Labels in this area