Supply Chain Management Blogs by Members
Learn about SAP SCM software from firsthand experiences of community members. Share your own post and join the conversation about supply chain management.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodrigoSilva
Explorer
Hi,

If you would like to use incompatibilities on your manual planning process here are a few tips that might be helpful.

First, the IMG settings:

Assign the methods to a strategy

The method  VSRI_CHECK triggers a warning message if a incompatibility is violated; the  VSRI_CHKRJ triggers an error message if a incompatibility is violated. I would assign both methods to the strategy, then your incompatibility settings would define the system behavior.

Here you have your manual planning settings

Here you define that the incompatibility must not be violated

And that is the system behavior on the transportation cockpit, when the incompatibility is violated:

7 Comments
mmcisme1
Active Contributor
I bookmarked this page for future use.

Great description and screen shots.

Thank you!

Michelle
RodrigoSilva
Explorer
Thank you Michelle!
Narender_khatri
Explorer
Thanks Rodrigo,

So is it not sufficient to just specify in your Incompatibility definition "Incompatibility must not be violated?"

What if I just gave that and not assign the methods that you've described?

Thanks,

narender
Narender_khatri
Explorer
0 Kudos
On a second thought, I guess if I did like above, the check would only run during VSR optimization (as that's the scope of my incompatibility settings)?  In manual changes the user can bypass this? Correct?

Regards

narender
RodrigoSilva
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Narender! Thanks for your comments.

It´s a bit tricky, right?! You must assing the method to the strategy, otherwise it won´t work.

It the settings are correct, the user can´t violate the incompabilities manually (what makes sense in my point of view.

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva

RodrigoSilva
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Narender,

The manual changes are considered manual planning by the system, hence the user could not bypass this.

Cheers,

Rodrigo.
former_member682142
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you Rodrigo!

Obrigado meu caro!
Labels in this area