Supply Chain Management Blogs by Members
Learn about SAP SCM software from firsthand experiences of community members. Share your own post and join the conversation about supply chain management.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sohaib20
Explorer

Introduction:

Embedded EWM provides flexibility to effectively carry out transactions through mobile RFUI Screens. These Screens are designed to cater to end to end functionality often with advanced features such as Picking with Pick Handling Units.

While working as a consultant with various clients during EWM implementations I have come across numerous requirements where these screens need to be enhanced. One such requirement is to control the flow logic or the sequence of screens. SAP EWM provides a flexible option to control this flow logic through Logical Transactions.

Often consultants find it difficult to use this Logical Transaction flow also little help is available in this context.

To make it easier for understanding In this blog I will demonstrate Logical Transactions flow with an example to skip source confirmation screen while directly proceeding to destination confirmation screen in sequence while performing inbound put away task confirmation through Mobile RFUI Screens.

Procedure :

Prerequisite: Custom Presentation Profile is created and assigned to Warehouse

1st Step : Login to Mobile RF  and open Standard Menu

2nd Step : Select Manual Selection

3rd Step Enter Selection by WO

4th Step Source Confirmation Screen

Technical Screen information can be viewed by Pressing Crtl+Shif+F1 buttons from keyboard.

5th Step Destination Confirmation Screen

To automatically skip the source confirmation screen go to Define Steps in Logical Transactions Node in Configuration for SCM EWM Mobile Data Entry

IMG -> SCW EWM->Mobile Data Entry->Radio Frequency (RF) Framework-> Define Steps in Logical Transactions

Go to Logical Transaction PTWO** and select Define Logical Transaction Step flow

Select Logical Transaction PTWO** and Logical Step PTMASC with Function Code PBO1 (Process Before Output Step 1)

Copy this to your custom Presentation Profile configured for your Warehouse

And make the following changes:

After Configuration Changes go to Mobile RFUI Screen

Go to Step 3 Above

Automatically routed to the screen mentioned in step 5 while Screen in Step 4 is skipped.

Conclusion :

Leveraging the functionality of Logical Transactions Steps consultants can tailor screen sequence to map business requirements as I have done in the procedure above without assistance from development team.

In further blogs I will demonstrate the steps to tailor screen sequences for Picking confirmation Screens in Mobile RFUI using the same logical transaction flow.

Reference

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm94/helpdata/en/1c/cecb53ad377114e10000000a174cb4/frameset.htm

Thank you

Happy Learning

Regards,

Sohaib

1 Comment
adeel_malik
Discoverer
Great Share Guru, we are not using Standard RFUI as its only available for barcoding. Anyways great to know this feature.
Labels in this area