Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM picking status is set to completed as soon as LB is confirmed to ressource

benditow
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi evreyone,

i am trying to understand following topic more detailed:

In our outbound scenario we have a bulk storage (level of available quantity at storage bin level) in the third floor of a warehouse complex. The HU is transfered to staging area in ground floor via an elevator.

Upon Wave-Release 1 WT is created from Bin-Staging.

During WT-confirmation in RF, an interim LB is created bc of LOSC setup.

Leading to following situation:

The Pick-LB is confirmed to ressource. This LB uses WPT from dlv item.

A second LB is created from ressource to elevator. This LB uses WPT from LOSC config.

A third LB is created from elevator to staging.

Problem:

Picking status (DPI) on delivery item is set to 9 (complete) as soon as the first LB is confirmed to the ressource. My expectation was that the status is updated when the HU reaches the staging area. Is this standard behaviour because system assumes that Stock Removal and Picking is done in one step?

Is there a way to update the picking status of delivery at a later point of time?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Daniil
Active Contributor

Hi Benjamin, Picking is done when all picking warehouse tasks are confirmed. In your example picking tasks is confirmed, and picking is done. You can check stock on resource and you see that the delivery is written in the stock ( stock has delivery reference). There is no easy (or nice) way to do this on the later point of time.

benditow
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniil,

thanks for the reply. I had the minimal hope that there would be some possibility to maybe post the relevant HU to Ressource with WHPT from LOSC. A possible outcome would look like this:

• LB from Bin to RSRC with LOSCWHT
  • LB from RSRC to interim bin with LOSCWHT
  • LB from interim bin to staging with ITEMWHT
Daniil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin, you suggest a solution, but I do not know the initial problem/task, so it is hard to answer.

LOSC works with HU movements, so you cannot route pure product WT with a LOSC. You can implement the Pick Point process, but this would make sense to do if it fits to the processes. 2 step Wave would have at the end similar behavior.

It is DST status for Staging, but it is dynamically calculated. You can for example implement a BAdi for WT confirmation, check if all items are staged and do required update for the delivery. Or achieve the same with background job. But solution really depends on the original issue, I would not go without a good reason with such process changes or with some kind of Z* status.

If it is only about selection, than DST status (with a combination with DPI=9, DGI=1 , this would reduce the selection, and for the rest DST will be calculated ) this should be enough.

Answers (0)