cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP - First Production Subperiod (SUBPERIODFIRSTPRODUCTION)

willsuus
Participant

We have run into an issue where products with a LotSizePolicy = 3 do not have a value for Key Figure SUBPERIODFIRSTPRODUCTION and therefore do not create production receipts. We do not currently do a load of this key figure but I do see that there is data for many codes. Is this key figure automatically created when the heuristic is run? And, if so, what triggers its creation? If not, is this a key figure that should be getting created/loaded by our team?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member745850
Participant

Hi Susan,,

* LotSizePolicy 3 works in combination with the attribute 'PPERIODSOFCOVERAGE' which is available in the 'Production Source Header' master data type. In this attribute you can define the number of cyclic period for the production.(Like production once in 30 days then it needs to be set to 30 if planning level is day)

* In addition to that you can define 'SUBPERIODFIRSTPRODUCTION' key figure. It is both input and output key figure. If this key figure value is 0 or Null that means no production allowed in the period.

Input Use:

* Your can define the first period when the production should begin by setting it to the 1 in the planning horizon. The algorithm only considers first entry(first period in the planning horizon) that you define in this key figure and all other values will be computed based on the cyclic production automatically

Output Use:

* System will automatically calculate and populate it in the period where there is a production event based on the cycle days that is provided in the attribute 'PPERIODSOFCOVERAGE'

Best Regards,

Gourav Kawatra

willsuus
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Gourav,

Do we have to create the initial SUBPERIODFIRSTPRODUCTION key figure for each product/location? This gets tricky when new products are coming in through a daily load and we don't know when they come in.

We do have the LOTSIZEPOLICY (=3) and PPERIODSOFCOVERAGE being updated with our daily master data loads.

When you say there must be a 1 in the first period where production should begin, is this the first period there are requirements or the first period that the heuristic is running in? Also, is there any negative to just populating the entire horizon with 1's?

Regards,

Susan

former_member745850
Participant
0 Kudos

Do we have to create the initial SUBPERIODFIRSTPRODUCTION key figure for each product/location? This gets tricky when new products are coming in through a daily load and we don't know when they come in.

Answer: No need it is only to guide the heuristic where the first production event should start. If not maintained order shall generate based on net demand availability

We do have the LOTSIZEPOLICY (=3) and PPERIODSOFCOVERAGE being updated with our daily master data loads.

When you say there must be a 1 in the first period where production should begin, is this the first period there are requirements or the first period that the heuristic is running in? Also, is there any negative to just populating the entire horizon with 1's?

Answer: 1st period where the heuristic can generate an order. Even though you maintain it in the entire horizon the system will only consider the first entry in the future horizon and rest will be recalculated

former_member745850
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi willsuus,

Is it answers your question?

Best Regards,

Gourav Kawatra

willsuus
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gourav,

Basically I needed to know how to the entries in the key figure were seeded. From talking with SAP, I need to load the key figure myself - and then it will update when the heuristic is run. Unfortunately, when setting up our system, it was left out that we needed to have this as a key figure load.

Thank you for your help.

Susan

0 Kudos

Hi, Gourav.

Is lot size policy = 3 linked somehow with Production lead time? I face problems when running heuristics if Production lead time = 1 (month) and periods of coverage >1.

former_member745850
Participant

Hi Halyna,

Could you please elaborate what challenge you are facing? Also please let me know at what level you are running the heuristic?

I will recommend to start another thread separately by asking the question separately?

Best Regards,

Gourav Kawatra